Another Dutch Hunter …

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some years ago Joe Ribaudo started the thread Another Dutch Hunter Passes Over as a place to remember and honor fellow Dutch Hunters who have died. A thread many of you have used.

I am proposing another similar thread, Another Dutch Hunter … . This thread is not for those who have passed, but for those in need. It is for those of us of faith. A place for adding to prayer lists.

Currently I know of several in need – men who served our country in Viet Nam and now, decades later, still carrying that burden – from exposure to Agent Orange to wounds we cannot see. Those whose life partner is at risk from illness. Or for those were time is simply catching up with them.

In any community people will have differences – sometime not serious, sometimes acrimonious. But we should always keep in mind what is and what is not really important. And I submit that raising their families, men and women who have fought back from near financial ruin and still taken care of their families, providing for them, those who have served their country, these things and such are what are really important.

This thread is not a place to tell tales out of school. It is a place to try and help, to support our fellow Dutch Hunters.

I will start off with two colleagues who I do not think will mind being recognized for their service to their families and/or country. One who as a single father has fought the hard fight, provided for his family and raised three wonderful children—another who has fought to provide for his family and now finds his service in Viet Nam catching up with him decades later. So it you are a person of faith why not add Matthew Roberts and Joe Ribaudo to your prayer list, and save room for Sharon Kollenborn and Tom, and Clay.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dr. Glover,

EXCELLENT idea for a thread. This way, we can catch'em before they qualify for Joe's Thread!

I would like to reiterate Dr Glover's feeling that this thread NOT be a place for squabbling or trash talking ANYBODY. I am not big on reporting posts, but in a thread like this one, I will, and I think everyone else should as well. Positive thoughts and good wishes or keep your feelings to yourself. :thumbsup:

Tell you how bad Agent Orange is (not was); back in the early nineties, I worked for a company in New Orleans (my home) that did non-destructive testing (everything from cement, to underground gas tanks, etc, etc, etc). One contract we got was to test the attics of a large percentage of old buildings within about a one mile radius of the factory where they made Agent Orange. Even after almost 25 years, there was still a good bit of residue in most of those buildings. Can you say SUPERFUND CLEANUP SITE?

Best Wishes to all - Mike

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Dr. Glover,

Glad to see you posting again, and I agree with Mike, it is an excellent idea.

I am very aware of the price some of our heroes paid, and are still paying for our freedom. It's usually the poor, and average Joe's that get sent to the front, I have lost many of those heroes.

I knew of Joe's health issues, and have prayed for him often, and will continue to do so. I knew of Clay's loss, and prayed for his console. I have prayed for Tom, and Sharon, not knowing exactly what their troubles are. All of you Dutch Hunters in Arizona keep in touch, and know what is going on. I don't feel right prying in a pubic forum to get all the details. I was not even aware of Matthew having any problems, but he will also be in my prayers.

Reminds me of a young girl who prayed for me when I had a head-on collision. She was the daughter of one of my co-workers. It was a year until I was able to return to do light duty, my co-worker told me his daughter wanted to meet the person she had been praying for. I was able to thank her personally, she was an angel, and all smiles.

Homar

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thomas,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers, as well as the others who have offered me their support. Sharon Kollenborn is doing well, but is naturally low on her normal energy. I believe she is a testament to the power of prayer and positive thoughts.

We look forward to seeing you soon, and will be sad to miss your talk at the Rendezvous.

Our best to you and Carol,

Joe

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Excellent idea for a thread.
It would be nice to put aside all our differences, opinions, egos, etc. and remember what is REALLY important.
Our health, family and friends are WAY more important than who is right or wrong about a tale about a hole in the ground with shiny rocks.
Prayers and well-wishes to all our friends out there that are going thru a rough time.

Dwayne Zettner

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Excellent idea for a thread.
It would be nice to put aside all our differences, opinions, egos, etc. and remember what is REALLY important.
Our health, family and friends are WAY more important than who is right or wrong about a tale about a hole in the ground with shiny rocks.
Prayers and well-wishes to all our friends out there that are going thru a rough time.

Dwayne Zettner

I would only add "our enemies" to that list, I am sure that most of us would not wish even our "enemies" in the treasure hunting community to suffer with ill health and financial ruin, we would pray for them too. I think this thread is a great idea and hope it will be made "sticky" so it does not get bumped off the bottom of the list.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, in my studies of the para normal I found that thoughts do have electrical mass and can travel almost to unlimited distances and can effect a person even without their conscious knowledge, You re spot on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread