ANOTHER Gila Monster sighting!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I spend a lot of time "in the field" Jeepin', RVing, detecting, so we see a lot of wildlife afield, as you have seen. We have had 4 gila monster sightings in less than a month. I have only had 5 sightings since living out west here, so I consider seeing them as a PLUS! This one may be the same one we saw and recorded in the cattle guard earlier today. This sighting was only 150 yards from the cattle guard. I am pretty excited that I have the chance to see such things here in Arizona! Enjoy!
TTC

(I made this video on 4-24-19 but post it today)

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice shot of the Gila Monster. Here in Georgia we have possum's and armadillas. Semper Fi.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so I'm a liar. There isn't a Gila monster under there.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting creature. You must still be getting some rain. A lot of green foliage for that monster to hide in. Thanks.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my first walk in the 'sands' of Arizona outside of Phoenix I was about to take a seat on a rock, before sitting down I bent over and looked under the rock and found one of your four legged friends under it. I decided not to sit after all. Interesting to see the critter moving around, keep having fun and staying safe!.......63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting creature. You must still be getting some rain. A lot of green foliage for that monster to hide in. Thanks.
Yes, a VERY wet winter and spring this year. If you've been following my posts, you've seen water.... LOTS of water.... in washes that I've never seen water in since goofing around out here in '07. The normally brown desert is GREEN this year! I think that is why the critters are abundant this year. MANY more rabbits and ground squirrels than normal. Other critters too, as you can see. TTC

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful and rare reptile. Thank you for posting video of an interesting creature most of us will never see live in the wild.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread