Another good nickle box

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

Yesterday I picked up 2 nickle boxes, and searched one last night. There was one silver, and a mistrike! It is about 10% offcenter, and out of round slightly. Don't think it is worth much, but I still thought it a cool find. Today I opened the other box to see 50 2008p nickles blazing in the light. Makes for my first new issue box, and I was most unhappy. Guess I will send them back to the bank unopened.

My wife made a run by a new branch today, and she happened to find large dollar coins! She brought home 2 rolls, and there were 37 bicentenials in it. No silver :(. Oh well, still cool to find the big uns. She also brought home a groovey box of nickles!

About 10-15 rolls in I had 3 good keepers! All 3 filled slots in my book, which is stunning to me since I have searched 2-3 dozen boxes now. The first was a 1944D, leaving only 3 other silver nickles to find to have one of each. A few rolls later, I saw "FIVE CENTS" on the rim peeking out, and grinned at the newest buffalo to my collection. 7 of 8 that I have found now have dates, and this one is 1936. A few rolls later, I pryed open the end of a roll with my knife as usual, peeled back the paper, and stared in shock as I saw the date. 1950!!! I anxiously flipped it over, but there was no mint mark. Reguardless, any 1950 to me is a groovey find! Also found a 47d which filled a hole in the folder.

I am attacting pics of the mistrike. Any opinions about it or its value are welcome.

Anthony

Attachments

• 03p mistrike.JPG
    03p mistrike.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is more of about a 5% off center strike. The out of round comes from it being off center. Not a huge premium, but a nice find!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great eye!!! :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread