Another hole is dug...

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Diggers and A$$es,
I never thought I'd have so many single adventures when I left for the Hunt. First off, after traveling a zillion miles, WARSAWDADDY met me with a hug and a grin. Such a fella! He was there during the entire weekend, eating, raffling, traveling, and I couldn't believe it when I saw him climbing that hill in his red coveralls. That man has more energy than me!

The dinner and raffle were fun Friday night. Pictures will follow once I get home. But the surprise Saturday morning was to find that the Google pic had lied! That ground wasn't flat at all! It ran uphill and downhill and overhill ALL DAY LONG! I huffed and puffed until I couldn't navigate any longer. And the scenery --- magnificent! I kept wanting to go to one side of the property and then the other.

Cannot express how much I enjoyed meeting everyone, and if you were not fortunate enough to go this trip, just know that we all met and mingled and probably surprised ourselves on how compatible we are. And the families! There were kids at both functions, and Dan and I commented on our way home how family-oriented all the activities were. There were SEVERAL children at both activities, and never once did we hear crying or whining; all were laughing and digging and whirling around all night and all day long. Such a happy spirit there was!

Now, as far as the A$$es go, that was something else. The neglected spouses who had accompanied the diggers were left at the "staging area." After they all took a look at the hilly terrain, they turned their backs to the fields and went right back and sat down (plop) in their chairs. After a while, they decided they were the Abandoned Spouses ... thus was born the Abandoned $pouse $ociety. And it was like a wad of gum in one's mouth. It grew until it overtook the entire grounds for the rest of the day. Some of the comments overheard during the day were:

To departing digger spouse: "You can't leave until you kiss your A$$ goodbye..."

To a straying spouse who chose to go antique hunting all morning rather than dig: "Welcome back. You've been gone all morning and had no idea you were an A$$." Followed by laughter and puzzled looks from the straying spouse...

"I'd take your picture, Noodle, if you could get your A$$ to move out of the way." (This one incapacitated Charlie to the point he couldn't speak coherently for three minutes.) Finally Noodle's spouse moved out of the way. JD stood by with a puzzled look that sent more laughter rippling through the A$$ gathering, which by this time was totally out of control. They had been at this for many too many hours, trying to justify their A$$ positions.

In the end, we decided the Society deserved a place in the memoirs of the group, but alas, when two A$$s won MDs in the giveaways, we had to decline their memberships from the A$$. They were now MDers, and had no choice but to remove themselves from the circle of A$$ members, which had been designated as the A$$ hole, due to the design of their gathering place.

Sometimes I wonder how I got mixed up with this group...

- Noodle

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Postal,
You're too kind. :)

It really was a hoot. All us diggers kept coming back up to the "staging area," where the food and "loafers" were, and there they were, the A$$es, having more hootin' and hollerin' than everybody else combined. I think they had more fun than us diggers! :D

Noodle

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
OK Noodle,don't make fun of my red coveralls! I wore them on purpose so if I keeled over out there,you could all find me. I was gonna paint stripes around them so if you saw me out on the hills,you could tell if I was walking or rolling! Love ya - how's your ASS? Great guy,really enjoyed him.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"To departing digger spouse: "You can't leave until you kiss your A$$ goodbye..."
that was my girlfreind ::)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!!

OMG Noodle! I had to ride in the car with one of those A$$es all the way to Metropolis! I think we have created a few monsters here! :D And if ANYONE of them A$$es tells ANY of my misadventures, that my A$$ so freely told, I will hunt them down and make them dig my holes for the next year! :D

I love ya Warsawdaddy! Thanks for my present! :D

Nana.....

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nana darlin',I wouldn't think of saying a thing! But don't look thru too many of these threads.Love ya,how's your ASS?Great guy,really enjoyed him.

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
My A$$ was glad she came and met all the other great A$$'s. She actually had a good time. And my son just loves being outdoors.....hey, is he considered a little A$$??

99Brown

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO! :D 99....that would be a yes on the little a$$! :D

And Warsawdaddy....get yer shovel ready!!!!!!!

:D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Noodle I could not have said it any better as to what was going on in camp. You are one of a kind glad to have met you.

Burdie

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Noodle, you really nailed the tenor of the day. Er, the climate... aw, heck, you know what I mean--the all-round good feeling of the day!. Your A$$ was a honey too - and one of the initial instigators of the $ociety! (you knew that, right?)

Warsawdaddy - LOVED the red coveralls! You were one of the few people I could pick out at more than 10 paces. A real treat to have met you.

Burdie, that goes for you too - not the coveralls, but the treat in meeting you! And your "hint of the day!" I have it memorized ;D

"Baron" (you're too young to be a baron, sue me), loved getting to know you and your A$$ and maybe by next time, we'll be ready to give a concert on those "Humanatones" (don't forget the "snooty" accent when you say that!) ROFL

I wish everyone could have gone, but there's always next time. There'd better be!

HH
Nan

(edited to fix typo)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread