Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My CTX found another '45 Merc in a battered park that must have a dozen of visits a month. Rocky Northern Jersey iron soil used to be my enemy but now it's my friend that keeps silvers hidden from dozens of detectorists.

That's 3 silvers in one week, a ring, and three dozen wheats - all from heavy hit parks

Cheers

Attachments

• image-2649062525.jpg
    image-2649062525.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4227392460.jpg
    image-4227392460.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 11

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Minelab machines are killers! Congrats on another Silver from a pounded park! I have a local "go to park" when all else fails, I know it has been hunted since the 1970s. I have pulled 60 silvers, 30-35 Indians, 3 V nickels and 1 shield also 7 Silver rings and a tie clasp oh, and also a sterling silver spoon that other machines have missed! I'm using the E-trac but have heard some wonderful things about the CTX, maybe there will be another up-grade in my future.....lol Congrats!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
must be an awesome feeling pulling out the good stuff in pounded areas. congrats

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Scrappy I unfriend you! I also remove you from my wall lol. I'm glad my T2 isn't seeing this. She would be so upset. And she would laugh and say "stupid mercury dime, that's right I wouldn't even bother giving a signal on that piece of crap"!
Ok buddy were just kidding again (as you know) last time I promise. Gotta feel good yanking a few keepers that everybody missed. Vino loves his.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find!

When people tell me the place is “worked or hunted out”, I know it will be a great day of hunting.

“Low and Slow gets the dough”, my Explorer SE loves silver and nickels.

Regards,

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Scrappy I unfriend you! I also remove you from my wall lol. I'm glad my T2 isn't seeing this. She would be so upset. And she would laugh and say "stupid mercury dime, that's right I wouldn't even bother giving a signal on that piece of crap"! Ok buddy were just kidding again (as you know) last time I promise. Gotta feel good yanking a few keepers that everybody missed. Vino loves his.

Ahhhhhh there you are! I knew the minute I posted that comment I was going to bet blasted by you Abe. Fortunately my sweetheart T2 isn't worried. You see, today I went back to a colonial site I trounced with my T2 and all the CTX could scrounge up was a wheatie, an IH, and a piece of a silver spoon.

I'm hoping if I leave my ctx and t2 in the trunk one day I'll come back and there will be a hybrid ct2x detector baby. Lol. Ok back to New Years drinkking

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! That Merc is in great shape nice! Right detector for the right job!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking silver Scrappy, Glad the CTX is living up to the hype...suspect I may be retiring the Safari for one in the near future.

I've heard great things about the safari. I considered the etrak and safari but finally decided toee just ruin my bank account and get yelled at by the wife.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Scrappy I unfriend you! I also remove you from my wall lol.

ABE!!!!! That's not how it works, not how any of this works!!!

Great find on the mercury dime. Those of us who don't have prehistoric places to hunt take tremendous pleasure finding these modern silver coins.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
ABE!!!!! That's not how it works, not how any of this works!!! Great find on the mercury dime. Those of us who don't have prehistoric places to hunt take tremendous pleasure finding these modern silver coins.
Haha nice one!

Finding silver is like making love to a beautiful woman. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes it all worthwhile.

Abe just likes his women reeeallly old.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha nice one!

Finding silver is like making love to a beautiful woman. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes it all worthwhile.

Abe just likes his women reeeallly old.

Ha ha. Sadly I think I find more silver than I do the other lol. And I didn't find much silver. Must be getting old. My gf thinks I love my detector more than her. I tell her I love them the same :laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ABE!!!!! That's not how it works, not how any of this works!!!

Great find on the mercury dime. Those of us who don't have prehistoric places to hunt take tremendous pleasure finding these modern silver coins.

Ah Beez I can always count on you to know what my dumb ass is talking about

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread