Another new guy here.....Howdy

tapwater

Mar 30, 2008
Hi all. I introduced myself on the Missouri forum, as I own 80 acres near Bull Shoals lake, but I live on the same IL farm place where I was born 52 years ago. I'm a total noob at MD'ing. I've had a BH Quick Silver taking up closet space, while I worked out some health issues. It's hard to get any practice on the farm, as it's littered with (modern) bullets and cases. The gravel driveway has yielded up lots of clad that my kids dropped when they lived at home.
There are a couple old homesites nearby that should give me some practice finding nails and hinges. It needs to warm up a little first.....can't stand the cold and mud.
I'm near Peotone, Will county. Don't know how much I'll be posting, but I'll be lurking in the background, for sure. Very nice site and nice folks you have here. Happy hunting............Dale (tap)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well I am not from Illinois or Missouri either one but welcome to Tnet!! So glad you have joined us! We are waiting for the sun here in Oregon as well! :icon_sunny: In the meantime we have Tnet to study hard on new techniques :icon_study: as well as make a lot of great friends! Hope to hear more from ya! :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum!!!! :thumbsup:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
tapwater,

welcome to the forum.

I have done a lot of hunting
along RT 57. (Not running as much, gas being
what it is> >:()

Manteno Hosp. was a good site; most is torn down
now; have not been out there in about 2 years.

Monee, Bourbonnais, KKK, my limit south is just
south of St. Ann. (May she keep me healthy. :wink:)

Do most of my hunting in South Cook, Will, and at
time KKK county.

Keep digging, those better finds will start popping
up :D

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Mike - IL

Nov 17, 2007
West Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE,Explorer XS and Sovereign Elite
Welcome, keep practicing and the finds will come. Any place that people have been is a good place to detect.HH

OP
OP
tapwater

tapwater

Mar 30, 2008
Shermanville, sounds like we've probably passed each other on the road a few times. I'm about a 1 1/2 miles off Rt. 57, and go to KKK at least once a week. Monee and Manteno are less than ten minutes away.
I used to spend a lot of time at the old Manteno hospital, just exploring. The place is riddled with tunnels that connect the buildings to the old powerhouse. Very eerie place, it was.....soap still in the bathrooms, restraint tables, etc. Even found a room strewn with patient records. What wasn't torn down has been mostly renovated into industrial and office space. There's a police station on the grounds now, but if I wear a hard hat and carry a clipboard, they tend to ignore me..... :D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
tapwater said:
Shermanville, sounds like we've probably passed each other on the road a few times. I'm about a 1 1/2 miles off Rt. 57, and go to KKK at least once a week. Monee and Manteno are less than ten minutes away.
I used to spend a lot of time at the old Manteno hospital, just exploring. The place is riddled with tunnels that connect the buildings to the old powerhouse. Very eerie place, it was.....soap still in the bathrooms, restraint tables, etc. Even found a room strewn with patient records. What wasn't torn down has been mostly renovated into industrial and office space. There's a police station on the grounds now, but if I wear a hard hat and carry a clipboard, they tend to ignore me..... :D

:D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have any luck detecting????

Top Member Reactions