another newbie help

T

tben9

hi, i am a new member and was impressed by the knowledge that u all have when it comes to metal detectors so i was wondering if someone could give me some imput on a fisher 1260x?i am new to metal detecting and all i have is an old bounty hunter 111 is the fisher 1260 x better.this hobby has taken me bad lol its all i think about now but with no luck ecept a few newer coins thanks for the help

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
There's nothing wrong with the 1260X except that the technology has been greatly improved over the last 20 or so years. I think that model was introduced around 1984 or so. The Bounty Hunter is good as a lot of people on here will attest but you might want to try upgrading to a newer model, depending on how much $$$ you have available. Either a newer Fisher-either a CZ or even 1236X2 , Garrett makes a great little machine (Ace 250), Tesoro has several models, and White's puts out some good intro. machines along with upper end as well.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have the BUG...Then try and get a high end machine...You may do the same with a lower price one ,but you will always wonder if you did the right thing or did you miss anything with the cheaper model..... I have the 3D and it is very good and easy to use!
Like stoney said...depends on the $$$ How serious you are!
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions