Another outing with the SE

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Well I worked all weekend at Indy, and then at the firehouse.. I was itching to get the new SE out there for more training. I went to a home located in Sonoma that i had gotten permission to hunt.. Circa 1920.. I had high expectations.. but i am still trying to figure out the beeps and noises.. seems to be unstable everywhere i hunt... I am not giving up yet

No great finds but did learn more today... Pinpointing is not a problem anymore to 6 inches... clean crisp target signals are fine.. its the noise.. my god the noise.. lol

lots of near 64 clad, and post 59 pennies.. no wheats no silver.. its there i just need to get it.

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
At least you are learning your machine. Way to go on a good days finds. It will get better the more you learn. Hang in there buddy.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the more you use it the more you'll learn ! had my new minelab a month and i still got alot to learn about it but i've come along pretty good in a month so keep at it you'll get to know every sound and what it means ;)

staceysallaboutu

Jul 9, 2006
Fonda, New York
Detector(s) used
White xlt/Minelab Quattro
This may sound stupid but when i first used my quattro it would be unstable and act really stupid the problem i was having is that i had little metal shoelace gromlets in my shoes and the machine was picking them up. It took me 3 times out to figure out the problem....

Stacey

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hang in there, my friend. You're digging targets and you're getting good at pinpointing. Before long, you will understand all the "noise" the machine makes. If your machine is reacting too much to the ground mineralization, just turn down your sens. a little. If you're experiencing electrical interference, do a noise canel each time before you hunt.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hang in there ! I remember when I started and it was the same for me. The beeps and squaks and pinpointing were all issues for me.I probably walked away from hundreds of good items.Keep at it and your confidence will fall into place.God Bless and HH Panz

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
staceysallaboutu said:
This may sound stupid but when i first used my quattro it would be unstable and act really stupid the problem i was having is that i had little metal shoelace gromlets in my shoes and the machine was picking them up. It took me 3 times out to figure out the problem....

Stacey

I had the same problem with my ace 250, I had ghost signals. I dig and could not fin anything then I realized that It was picking up my steel toe boot, LOL. That took me a 1/2-hour to figure it out!

Now I don't wear them when MDing.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother bought the Minelab SE this spring and he's been some tough competition against my MXT but he's doing a lot better than when he had his bounty hunter. He's finding stuff really deep now, last fall he was getting very discouraged when trying to hear targets my mxt was picking up, but that's changed now. Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread