DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the replies on my other request for help . More would help too. I have gotten more at ease with my Ace 250. I got it for Christmas and have found 5 rings, a silver bracelet, 1876 indian head, 2 buffalo nickels, about a dozen wheats but no silver coins. I seem to have more luck with the sensivity at 4 bars and run on jewelery mode. It does seem to revert back to all metal mode while I have the pinpoint button pushed in though. If anyone can elaborate on that I would appreciate it.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
If by pushing the pinpoint button and it changes hunting modes by itself - you need to send it to Garrett. I don't know why, but have you tried new batteries?

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
You probably got a bad unit. In pinpointing dots just have to run right to left depending the position over the find, not switch modes. Me I'm working with full sensitivity even in trashy areas: may it be frustrating but give you a cool depht. In clean areas it's amazing ;D ;D. Then never noted difference in sensitivity by running in different modes.

Melv

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad, sister and nephew have bought Ace 250's and I think I will use theirs to see if they do the same thing before I send it back to have it checked. Thanks for the replies and anyone else who would like to put their two "wheat" cents worth in will be welcome to.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
DANGLANGLEY said:
It does seem to revert back to all metal mode while I have the pinpoint button pushed in though.

The above is totally normal. The ACE 250 pinpointer does not discriminate. No matter what mode you are in, when the Pin Point button is pressed, you are now also in All Metal Mode and the machine will detect anything metal. What would not be normal is for you to let's say have your 250 in jewelry mode and after having DEPRESSED the Pin Pointer, end up in Coin Mode, All Metal Mode or Custom Mode.

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip. I guess thats the only thing I would change about the Ace 250. It's hard to pinpoint with it in all metal if you are in a trashy place. It seems like thats the only place I ever end up searching too, lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread