Another short Nox 800 hunt

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I keep pulling the lever on this slot machine named Equinox and it seems to keep coming up all cherries.lol

I witnessed some phenomenal performance today.

The 2 coins on the bottom found under a monster hickory tree I have swung every detector I have ever owned and coils to boot. I never found the first coin previously. So I was walking on at least these 2 coins at the bottom seems for the last 7 years. This area I think I is where the folks tied up their work animals to be in the shade and maybe why their were taking lunch. Iron city big, medium and small. This homesite has only given up one silver in all previous hunts combined using several models detectors and coils.

Gotta love the Nox. And to be able to so this in this area with stock sized coil-mind boggling. Again park 2 speed 7, 0 iron bias.

Thanks for looking
2ly5sn4.jpg

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice TN! Curious how deep on the Merc and were you on max sensitivity? Haven't tried to dirt fish with the Nox yet. Taking my Nox out again this weekend to hit a smaller out of the way beach by me that not many hit (probably because it does not get much people traffic during the summer). Looking forward to see what the Nox does :)

Great finds so far for you this year TN.

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice TN! Curious how deep on the Merc and were you on max sensitivity? Haven't tried to dirt fish with the Nox yet. Taking my Nox out again this weekend to hit a smaller out of the way beach by me that not many hit (probably because it does not get much people traffic during the summer). Looking forward to see what the Nox does :)

Great finds so far for you this year TN.

-TwoYewts

Park 2 speed 7 iron bias 0 sens 23.
Dime loud and clear at 5-6" deep in sea of iron.
Penny about the same depth again in sea of iron.
Solid ID on both. Tone too.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, so far I have heard nothing but praise from the Nox owners

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about walking over something repeatedly then finding it. My Deus found an 1858 cent on a spot I knew I had run a loop over about 20 times. Really bad soil in my case. Used the 74 khz frequency. The 28khz wouldn't touch it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and machine settings! Thank you for sharing. :occasion14:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to test this machine out in one of my iron infested cellar holes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TPnet, yup, that'll do it. I'll get to see one in 16 days. Doing a side by side with another digger and at least 3 brands of machines.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tnss -- You are doing TERRIFIC with the EQ; getting along REALLY well with it. I really appreciate all of your testing and sharing...

Steve

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tnss -- You are doing TERRIFIC with the EQ; getting along REALLY well with it. I really appreciate all of your testing and sharing...

Steve

Steve,
If I didn't have a Deus or had never run a Deus, I wouldn't know exactly how good Nox really is.
Some folks think I am exaggerating I reckon or trying to blow smoke.
All I can do is report the truth.

Even though I don't water hunt (might start doing) I have even pointed out to folks this mighty separation/unmasking the Nox has will sure allow folks to make some finds hidden in the past. Seems now I am starting to see some water hunting reveres where this is indeed the case.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread