Equinox and Bottle Caps Coney Island Beach

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really enjoyed the video, well done! A lot of very good info. Thanks for posting!!:headbang::hello2:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really enjoyed the video, well done! A lot of very good info. Thanks for posting!!:headbang::hello2:

Terry,
I have never hunted salt water beach.
Have you triee to go to 5khz and use on beach to check signals for bottlecaps, realizing you will have to come out of beach mode to do.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, never tried it. In the wet sand there is usually less trash, but Coney Island sees millions each summer, so its a different animal. Orchard beach, up in the Bronx, is the same way. Lots of gold, lots of trash! We'll figure the Equinox out, we always do! :skullflag:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you wave the bottle cap back and forth while moving it past the edge of the coil until you loose the signal does it give an iron tone as the last signal?...My CZ 21 and AT pro will do that on a cap every time.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Escape, the only thing that I might offer, IF the EQ in Multi-Tone (50) is like the Minelab Safari, then I found that on the Safari a standard size gold band, such as my own, will show a say 14-15, as well as a bottle cap, difference is in the tone, high pitch tone, most always, bottle cap. Mid tone to a upper mid tone, pull tabs, sinker, nickel, gold ring. Generally speaking. I would only guess that with 3 or 5 tones?, many would be lumped together. Someone with a better sense of hearing might separate even better. In a park setting there is of course many signals at times, and VDI #'s will bounce around and cannot always be counted on at all. As of yet, I have not bought a EQ, but will be, I believe it will outclass the Safari, I am only guessing that both being a Minelab, both having Multi-Tones, (like a flute), they may read the same.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt Escape. Funny, out by me (Eastern LI) the rusty caps were hitting 15/16. Each one I dug looked pretty much like yours but did not ring up 13 at all. I was digging everything from 12-14 and was bringing in a bunch of nickels plus some jewelry. I was using Beach 1 in the wet sand with default settings just upped the sensitivity to max. Interesting.

Best of luck in 2018

-TwoYewts

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twoyewts, you nailed it. Gotta dig the iffy targets.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Nice hunt Escape. Funny, out by me (Eastern LI) the rusty caps were hitting 15/16. Each one I dug looked pretty much like yours but did not ring up 13 at all. I was digging everything from 12-14 and was bringing in a bunch of nickels plus some jewelry. I was using Beach 1 in the wet sand with default settings just upped the sensitivity to max. Interesting.

Best of luck in 2018\

Guys I took no part in this video. I found it on tube and passed it along.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His conclusion on the half dollar test was misleading. He wasn't looking at the ferrous number, which would have shown the difference between a quarter and a half dollar with the CTX. Usually the conductive number is a bit lower on the half too. Kind of a mute point anyway......I mean, are you really going to dig just one over the other? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. I saw the video and just went ahead and clicked to watch it and did not read what you wrote beneath. LOL Sorry bout that Escape.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

(not my video)

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Echoplex, may very well be a good tip for beach mode, thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
LOL. I saw the video and just went ahead and clicked to watch it and did not read what you wrote beneath. LOL Sorry bout that Escape.

I added that after your comment. lol Never thought someone would take it that way. So I added the disclaimer.

craigmoto38

Feb 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seen another Equinox video you will get the iron grunt at the edge of the coil if you switch it to all metal mode

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Im talking about...thanks for the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread