Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys put your thinking cap on lol

I have this real nice clip on earring and brooch set. Acid tests as Sterling. And tooth test real pearls. The hallmark looks like the silpada arrow to me. But wanted to get another opinion

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424812595.006764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424812608.640784.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That mark may be for the company that made the screw back findings and not the maker of the whole pieces of jewelry. Try a post in the "Garage Sale Forum" also. Someone there may know what you have, as they're buying jewelry all the time. I'd say they look to me as jewelry items from the 1950's or around that time??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That mark may be for the company that made the screw back findings and not the maker of the whole pieces of jewelry. Try a post in the "Garage Sale Forum" also. Someone there may know what you have, as they're buying jewelry all the time. I'd say they look to me as jewelry items from the 1950's or around that time??

Seems like a 50's style to me also. I posted over in the other forum. Surprised there are no other markings. Scratch test and filed into a inconspicuous spot and definitely Sterling and real pearls

Upvote 0

on.off

Aug 1, 2014
new york city
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
circa 1950s-60s from japan. no idea on the maker, and now probably very difficult to find. cultured pearl jewelry was big business in japan (the originator and biggest name was and is Mikimoto whose mark is "M" inside a clamshell and "S" inside a box for silver) and many companies produced this type of jewelry. non-mikimoto pieces are almost always marked with the word SILVER rather than STERLING (in some cases the silver standard is actually 950, slightly above sterling). if you find vintage pearl brooches or earrings and they're stamped SILVER, odds are its a 50s-70s japanese piece.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread