Another Sleazeball Buyer

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sell candy, cakes, and other food items. Needless to say the most important part in shipping perishables is expiration dates. I have a pretty solid customer base, many I am on a first name basis with and have spoken to on the phone. Because of the occasional issue I do allow 14 day returns as long as the product was not opened and has not expired.
I received a $90.00 order on March 5th from a lady on the west coast. Shipped the same day and delivered on the 7th. Now in this order was 20 pies that have about 5 or 6 day window on the sell by date. This is explained in my description for all to know when purchasing. The product however stays fresh past the sell by dates. The sell by dates on these pies was today the 12th. In her order she left me a message that they were for a family members birthday party.
At 12:05 AM on the 12th she sends me a message through eBay that she is very disappointed I sent her expired pies.Now remember she received the order on the 7th 5 days before. I checked my paperwork and knew the dates were the 12th. I asked her what dates were on the pies and she wouldn't give me an answer. She then throws in she could have gotten these items cheaper at Amazon. After a few emails I offer her a 10% refund. She counters with well if I didn't need the stuff for a party this week I would have sent them all back. She then proceeds to tell me the cakes were expired too and she wanted $19.00 refund or she was opening a case. The cakes don't expire until the 31st. I used to get steaming pissed when someone would run one of these scams on me. I just laugh now and sent her the $19.00. While she is stuffing her face with my pies and cakes. And the funny thing was I had a feeling about the order when I saw the location in Ca. It happened 6 months ago to me with an order to Oakland Ca. Sure enough not a word only a neutral feedback!!! So goes another day on ebay.:BangHead:

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Great example why I don't mess with stuff like this: persihables, glass, fragile items, items where condition is totally subject, etc

Sounds like you have the right attitude by just refunding the $19 and moving on. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread