Rebel Man

Jan 26, 2007
Fredericksburg Va
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a Quicksilver & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another snake story & a little help? PBK

I located this brass cast latch, & a solid cast State of Virginia button circa 1815-1825 with shank.

Sorry I have been out of the loop for over 6 months after I had a spring run in with a copperhead in the freshly "plowed field of dreams" where I have dug some astounding artifacts. I had a good laugh with the last rattle snake episode and said to myself, I'm glad I was paying attention to the stick that wasn't movin in front of me!!
LOL He actually reared its head in a backwards motion and attacked the detector head!! I almost jumped 4 feet in the air, this of course was a bad move for my head was attached to the head set and that pulled me even closer to the serpent. I was very unhappy at this point & now I was in the survival mode!! I pulled the head set off and he entwined himself around the detector and pan head,I would almost put money on anyone in the vicinity would have laughed there ever loving butts off watchin me do the snake dance!!
Yikes!!! yea boy, now what, ya big dummy!!! I took two steps back and was going to commence to kill me a snake, release my detector now or else!! Then thought for a brief second or two, I will damage my Fisher beyond repair in the mix!! Crap!!! I said to myself it is time to walk away and have a needed break at the car for refreshments of choice!!! :icon_scratch:
Upon my arrival he was no where to be seen and I also made my move to go home!! My only fault was no pictures for I was scared out of ever lovin my mind and gettin a "Wild Kingdom Shot" for those of you who don't remember or just to young (old TV show).LOL Sorry folks for wanting to kill a snake but this was a moment of survival although not the most dangerous snakes in the kingdom but enough to haunt me.Geesh!!
Anyway sorry for the ramble on snakes but need help identifying the latch. Enjoy being back and miss the camaraderie this site always brings a smile to my face!
We have plenty of predators around to take care of mice and rats. wild cats & fox seem to do a fine job cleaning house!!

Rebel Man

Attachments

• Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 002.jpg
    Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 002.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 559
  • Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 003.jpg
    Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 003.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 555
  • Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 004.jpg
    Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 004.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 558
  • Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 005.jpg
    Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 005.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 558
  • Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 006.jpg
    Civil war relics Terry\'s Farm Spotsylvania 006.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Another snake story & a little help? PBK

Looks as if it might be some sort of gun furniture, although I'm not too sure about that drilled tab.

Guess we'd better let one of the real relic experts on the forum have a whack at this one.

Locke

Oct 16, 2007

Unfortunatelly I can't help with the ID :(, but on a lighter side, can I say "Rocket Phallus " :icon_jokercolor:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Does look like the piece on a old rifle stock, right below where a ram rod would insert.

Brian

OP
OP
Rebel Man

Rebel Man

Jan 26, 2007
Fredericksburg Va
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a Quicksilver & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks,
I was hoping that a rifle would be matched to the relic, looks like a flint lock, I also appreciate the humor as well. I never thought it looked like that, but yea, the rocket of hieroglyphics that you might see on the walls of many Egyptian tombs. We laughed about that one.
Thanks guys
Rebel Man

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Not sure on the other piece!! BUT that is a VA 1.. no silver left but still.. OUTSTANDING button!!!! I just dug a VA 2 this week... but man.. that is a much better button.. congrats!!

MB

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250

That sure is a nice button!!! the other thing is nice as well, I just don't know what it is...............

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Some type of collar device?

Attachments

• neckbomb02sm.jpg
    neckbomb02sm.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 276

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

I have a couple old muzzleloaders.. the part at sticks up with the hole in it might help.. but mine the pins go through the stock and barrel.. I could see how a piece of decorative brass could fit...

..but it does look like the collar device picture that was posted too??

not to mention that is a freaking VA1!!!! ;-) Yes, I'm still stuck on that button...

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread