May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were very lucky to get this land as the owner had been threaten by a night hawk, so understandably he had a poor impression of metal detecting. Our negotiator got us permission for this land but was trying to track the owner of another crop mark, so this kinda fell in his lap.
Our target areas are all under crop on this land as per everywhere else, but in a few days they were about to put in the maize for bird cover, so we had a couple of pockets of land to try. 1 small area was next to a potential Roman Site, & we now have proved it with 7 Roman Coins plus Dad got a surprise Celtic Bronze :headbang: (our 4th this year) :o

RUES (Another ruler we have never had until now)
10BC-10AD
Lion Right
Eagle (reverse)
Only about 25 recorded examples.

In another small area I got a Hammered of Henry III & Dad got 2 Buckles :icon_thumright:
I got a Jetton of a type I haven't seen until now :)

So for just over 4 hours - Celtic-Roman-Medieval-Modern :icon_thumright:

Another Roman Site to look forward to :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,299
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,301
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,266
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another Target Confirmed!!!

Another great find :icon_thumleft: good hunt Dd60

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cal_Cobra said:
Love the coin in the 5th photo, top right, what is it :icon_scratch:

Great assortment of finds, keep pounding that site looks like it has some treasures in store for you :thumbsup:

HH,
Brian

Thats the Henry III Silver Penny, circa 1260s, minted in London. Or otherwise known as a 'hammered' after the method they used when striking the dies. You picked well, many UK detectorist spend many hours looking for these, often the come up 'clipped' (practice by which small pieces of silver were illegally taken from the edges, if you were caught they would chop you hand off to stop you doing it again). This one has a full flan & in pretty good condition.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
Nice Cru :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Alot of nice history!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

cheers mate, your team has been on fire this year :hello2: We are just smouldering at the moment, itching for the crops to grow faster :wink:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
GopherDaGold said:
My dream is to visit your museum.

My house or the Local one I display in :D
Awww, you're killin' me here, :D BOTH!

dragonsbreath

Nov 26, 2004
Cwmbran,South Wales
Detector(s) used
explorer II plus Detech 15 x 12" Coil

Another great selection of finds hearty congratulations to you both.

I like the roman bronzes as i find very few of them....regards and H.H. PaulB. :icon_thumleft:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds as usual Cru,and Cru Dad :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Tank69 said:
Hey Cru , wow you an Dad are on fire over there congrats man ,I circled something in one of your pics what is it kinda looks like a snake any idea a time period or who made it .I luv seeing what you come up with next .

HH my friend Tank :icon_thumleft:

Commonly called a 'Snake' Buckle, but its the centre piece which clipped onto two ringed loops (1 on each side). The design goes back hundreds of years but the early ones were more bird like than snake. This one was popular on Sailors uniforms & may only date back 50-100 years.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,247639.0.html

See the above link
awsome find Cru Thanks for the info

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

Met up with the farmer today to show him yesterdays finds (this was only the 2nd time for me & first for Dad), he's very keen & has pointed out a few more possibles...
I gave him the 4 best Roman Coins & the nice hammered. I wanted to keep the Celtic Coin, which I did, plus I know we are going to get several hundred Roman Coins in the future off this new farm, so its no great loss & he will enjoy them more.

We discussed the night hawk issue & he's glad he has us to do the land properly, plus now he said he can tell others who ask that he has people doing it. :thumbsup:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty good hunting ... as always!
Greetings! :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Tank69 said:
Hey Cru , wow you an Dad are on fire over there congrats man ,I circled something in one of your pics what is it kinda looks like a snake any idea a time period or who made it .I luv seeing what you come up with next .

HH my friend Tank :icon_thumleft:

Commonly called a 'Snake' Buckle, but its the centre piece which clipped onto two ringed loops (1 on each side). The design goes back hundreds of years but the early ones were more bird like than snake. This one was popular on Sailors uniforms & may only date back 50-100 years.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,247639.0.html

See the above link

Cru, these style buckles were VERY popular during the American Civil War 1860-1865, mostly on the Confederate side but ALSO on the Northern (Yankee) side. :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Have to comment again on the coins, I love the Henry Coin. Just absolutely Awesome :wink: :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on hte Roman, and the hammered. :icon_thumright:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Awesome finds,wish I was in an area that I could find the real old stuff.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a mere 150 year old "snake buckle" part yawnsville to CRU--- to them its like us finding new zinc cents here in the states -- if it not BC the brits seldom get too excited by it unless its gold or silver.

they have it good with all the great stuff to find --we get 250 -300 year old british colonial era stuff we go yippee --they go-- ho hum

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
ivan salis said:
a mere 150 year old "snake buckle" part yawnsville to CRU--- to them its like us finding new zinc cents here in the states -- if it not BC the brits seldom get too excited by it unless its gold or silver.

they have it good with all the great stuff to find --we get 250 -300 year old british colonial era stuff we go yippee --they go-- ho hum

That's not always the case Ivan :wink:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
true some of you fellows like to find most anything and are not so "hard" but -- sometimes you lucky fellows can be a bit "jaded" ---- oh another of those pesky ---king george the III coppers :wink:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
ivan salis said:
true some of you fellows like to find most anything and are not so "hard" but -- sometimes you lucky fellows can be a bit "jaded" ---- oh another of those pesky ---king george the III coppers :wink:

True, a George111 coin wouldn't make my day :-\

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:

Nothing pesky about them, a good sign for better to come. Don't worry I use them wisely & melt them for recycling.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
and to think--- i was happy to find a george the III half penny --1806 /07 era on this side of the pond a bit back. -- lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread