another way to get coins, and some luck...

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon
Keep gettin screwed on ordering boxes, and the banks are treating me like "Bscofields" (Great website dude!!!)..Sorry, cant get you any coins.
Since I build custom cabinets, I finished up a job last Thursday evening went Friday to get the final payment. Surprise, the check was written on one of the banks that always says, "No account so we cant give you any coins". It was early so I had plenty of time to kill. $5000 check, made out to me.... go to the bank, teller asks how I want it. So I said How many half dollars you got?? she said $90 worth. I asked about the "big dollars" and went on down the line.. took four trips to put it all in the truck. Got the halves, three boxes of quarters, twelve boxes of dimes and six "big dollars". For the hell of it, the rest on $2 bills.

Left the bank and thought I would stop get some gas and smokes and a drink. Well went in to pay for it, and asked the girl if she had any halves, I got five from her, two walking lib's and three franks. I gave her the one dollar bill she gave me in change as a tip.

for the day.. 5 halves 90%, 15 halves 40%, three silver wash quarters and 39 silver dimes. And a wife that says I am a "Damn Idiot" for having that much coin laying around....If I had a silver dime for every time I ws called an idiot, I would have alot more rolls by now.

Upvote 0

Drake

Dec 29, 2006
I have to ask....How do you think your dump bank is going to react when you haul all of your rejects in on a 2 wheeled dolly :o >:( :o >:( ??? ;D

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Never thought of asking C-store employees.
Good idea!
Nice haul!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, now that's a lot of change to get from one bank! I can't imagine any bank giving out that much change to one customer. I might have to try it sometime though, haha.

Thanks for the comments on the site. :)

Nice job at the gas station! I've never thought about asking at them before.

OP
OP
N

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Drake said:
I have to ask....How do you think your dump bank is going to react when you haul all of your rejects in on a 2 wheeled dolly :o >:( :o >:( ??? ;D

My commerical account, two banks have coin counters and I take a few there My personal account the bank has one too. So i do break it up over a few days.

OP
OP
N

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bscofield6 said:
Wow, now that's a lot of change to get from one bank! I can't imagine any bank giving out that much change to one customer. I might have to try it sometime though, haha.

Thanks for the comments on the site. :)

Nice job at the gas station! I've never thought about asking at them before.

Well, Like you I get tired of them saying "no account, then we cant help you", so I firgured, If I get a check drawn on a bank I dont have an account at, I will go cash it and ask all coins if I can get them. THis was the biggest I ever got in change, didnt expect them to do it, but the little girl kept going to the vault to get them so I didnt complain.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Like you I get tired of them saying "no account, then we cant help you",
One of the banks that I went to last Saturday asked if I had an account because she could not sell me any of her halves unless I had one. I told her no account and she smiled and said "you do now" as she boxed up $260 in halves that she really wanted to get rid of.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, you have any pics.
i was wondering....were any of the silver dimes non-rosies like merks ect
and did you get any old $2 bills?

OP
OP
N

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
whitesid said:

Old $2 bills, no dont try those. I usually only ask for dimes,halves and Ike's. But out of about $6000 in dimes I have got two mercs, 1944's . Rest are all rosies, to me ,as long as its silver. Got a camera, just aint had the time to set up the stuff to do the pics yet.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
noebody said:
whitesid said:

Old $2 bills, no dont try those. I usually only ask for dimes,halves and Ike's. But out of about $6000 in dimes I have got two mercs, 1944's . Rest are all rosies, to me ,as long as its silver. Got a camera, just aint had the time to set up the stuff to do the pics yet.
just cheak if any of the 2 dollar bills have red or blue lettering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread