Another wild day in the woods

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still working the same large section of woods, yesterday moving to the southern end. Right away hit a foundation...but so burried in trash it was unhuntable. Folks decided to turn this one into a dump in 1960's and 70's. Did manage to pick up a couple of old returnable glass pop bottles and cigarette case with a moose lodge logo attached.

Had a long hard stretch of nothing as I moved farther in, battling mud and dense brush. I was getting ready to give up when I spotted a purple thong hanging from a branch on the next ridge. You KNOW I gotta go check it out.

First hit under the undies wasn't a pull tab or bottle cap as expected...but an old, old pot metal spoon. Just up the hill a bit from this was another foundation, old red brick. After a long morning of almost nothing to dig, the cool stuff just started pouring out of the ground.

Got a nice gold plated "Columbus Railway & light co" button...it's from the 20's or 30's...back when the electric company also ran a railroad. Military buttons and buckles...the weirdest buckle has a guy on horse back with an inscription in Japanese...possibly a soveigner from the war? Also a cool name plate, like from a mail box or something. Iron backed with a glass front...sezs "A. C. Ewing."

But oddly no money. ELEVEN cents in clad for the entire day.

Also discovered an abandoned road through the woods, it connects this foundation to somewhere...so I have hopes the road leads somewhere interesting.

Attachments

• w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,422
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,404
Upvote 0

SilverSalmon

Mar 6, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G

garbage digger

Torn panties in the woods....That's just creepy :D You sure find a lot of panties. LOL

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i have seen some used panties go for big bucks on ebay, the problem is ebay dont like the idea and kicks the posts off. one time me n some friends saw a pair go for over a 100.00 bucks, just walmart, used panties. i wish i had woods close by i can detect, i have to drive about 100 miles for true pines. good luck out there

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
used panties on ebay...that is just gross!!!! What would the auction title be ???

Scratch and sniff undies....I just don't want to know :-X

OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd cap off this long post with the greatest treasure so far this year. This samurai buckle thing came up in the first day on the purple thong foundation site...it was solid black and bent. It just came back from restoration and wow. I haven't a clue what it is. Looks military to me...considering I also found US military buttons...perhaps this was brought back from overseas?

Any guesses as to what it is?

Attachments

• j7.jpg
    j7.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,205

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Thanx for sharing your ongoing story on TNet DiamondJim! 8) Reading through the meat of your posts is very informative for me as I have come across a few old rusty (tin) cans plumbing parts, etc. in various spots here, out in the urban woods around Ottawa, Ontario too. ;) The variety of finds is what keeps me going back, especially in the early spring when I can spot things better, like foundations and cellar holes etc. Aging my hunt spots has been a thing with me since I began this kool hobby a couple of decades ago. Older stuff, of almost any kind, really turns my crank. :) I scored a neat ol' Mountain Dew bottle in one spot that led me to search it more thoroughly and older junk started popping up right away, when I cleared some of the dead brush out of the way. The Mountain Dew bottle just may have been the last neat thing ever thrown away there. Everything else seems to have come from the 30's & 40's. :)

Strange, for me here, to see how many weird comments come from something so purple. ::) I found a pair of jeans once that appeared to be at least five or six years old, under a big pine with about a foot of soft pine needles acting as a blanket or whatever over them. The reason I found them was they had a little loose change in the pockets. Lots and lots of mildew etc on 'em but that kinda stuff has never bothered me. ::)

Some of the comments posted here are sort of like the ones I get when I say that I've cleaned a fish, to the "squares" and the first or only thing that comes out of their mouths is stuff like; oooow you kill fish? or, I can't stand the blood? or, how can you do that? or, that's so cruel, or whatever... My stock answer to those types for the last few years has been, Ya well, we're not all wimps and girly boys!! We all don't carry a pair of rubber gloves in our pockets so we don't pick up a germ out there off a discarded gum wrapper or whatever. We KNOW there are germs etc. etc out there and we make VERY adult decisions as to how we handle each and every situation. People are people though and we all actually make our own rules in these types of matters as we face the real world out there. 8)

Great post friend DJ, great post! Keep 'em comin' please...

yer Kanucky bud,

LarryB

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
I am by no means a expert at IDing items...Perhaps PBK can help me with this....But i think what you have found there is a very rare quite collectible pair of "tranny panties"....This would explain that curious modification in the front region...As well as the "grand" size. You should perhaps consult a expert.

Nice finds

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Honest honey. I found them with my metal detector. You must be one convincing fella.

She still lets you go in the woods alone???

I am afraid I would be tied to the porch. Or handcuffed.

Daryl

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
DJ, I'm curious. Looking at your 2007 findings, I see Gold-other, junk jewelry, watches ... but I don't see any rings. Do you mean to say that you've found 2 bowling balls and a host of other weird things (not to mention the buckle), but have never found a decent ring? If not, I think you're about due! :) -Noodle

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
jim,
Some great finds! every time I see a new post I have to see what you have added to your list of finds.... I am waiting for you to find a set of panties with the lady still in them!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
mike28 said:
i cant sleep and i just read outraged "tranny panties"... thanks man, i am feeling a little woozy now! :D
HEHE sorry man....Just try to block all images from entering your head....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
could be a large lonely gal's ---- rapid access hole --see the (adult entertainment device)---or a guy who wears womens clothes. === either way it stays there----don't know who or what was in it---some whacko's----(no pun meant ) might "flip out" that some one moved their "secert spot" stuff---theres some freaks out there.----( 4 times over the years ran across a "couples" in the act over the years while fishing in a local urban parks remote area ---good fishing ---kinda long walk to the spot on the backside of the park's lake--- down a long trail ---so just about everyone fishes by the dock area---they are too lazy to walk over to the backside of the park ---well for me the fishing is always great there---very nice ---spot great for a picnic---seems things get carried away there fairly often--- if I "bump" into a "couple" I leave them alone and just chuckle and go back up the lake --Ivan

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I hope you are not thinking of using one pair of those panties as an avatar! ;D I am starting to get concerned.....I have found 6 good rings this year....two more pairs of panties and we will be tied???? :D :D :D :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I too would be on the lookout for alot of fresh turned earth in a area where stuff like thats found cuz you never know ---- so just be careful and keep a eye out and a sharp digger tool handy.

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds........I really like the cig case with the moose emblem......I am Currently the Governor of my local moose lodge.....could you send me a pic of the cig case??? maybe I can see how old it is...great finds and HH!!!! [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread