Antique Fishing Lures

bw1

Greenie
Sep 20, 2008
Look for lures made by heddon, lures made of wood with glass eyes. It's hard to know what collectors are looking for but if you can get the for $5 each and there old, you should do good. I've seen some go for $500.00 and they didn't look that special to me. Good luck, wish I could go.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I would also get the box if at all possible this increases the value big time. collectors will also buy just the empty box. Heddon,creek chub, Arbogast are all good brands. just go for lures in good shape quality is key. good luck and let us know how it goes.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do a completed listings search on ebay, take it one step further by using the "Sort by" box. Sort by "price + shipping: highest first". This will show you the very collectable ones with the highest prices in the hundreds and even thousands some of them.

http://tinyurl.com/2dwvs2w

OP
OP
Lottahockypoint

Lottahockypoint

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
They must not have really wanted to get rid of the lures. Way over priced (starting at $45) & most were not in good condition. One didnt have hooks & they wanted $10. I said, "it doesnt have hooks" the little ol lady said, "their is a repair kit outside."

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
I found a heddon slide top wooden box at a thrift store and bought it for $2. Promptly put it on ebay and sold for $345. Heddon Dowgiac Minnow. Many times the boxes and papers are just as valuable as the lure. One collector told me that for every lure over 50 yrs old, the ratio of boxes to lures is 10% or less.

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Old fishing lures are highly sought after and some of them can bring BIG money.

Here's a site that may be of some help for you in learning different types of lures and the type of hardware they use. Hardware on lures will help date them as well.

http://www.joeyates.com/

DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions