Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out yesterday afternoon
Went to an old beach that was once an old amusement park
I had found old gold and old silver coins here in the past
this spot is mostly a fishing area now
I went to an area that was loaded with rocks - cause other hunters have a hard time digging around the rocks
especially without a mask and a good pair of wet boots
I got a faint signal - checked with my machine in ID mode and got a positive signal
I scooped down and hit rocks - I had to wiggle back and forth and work my scoop down
I could not get much out - so I fanned the spot with my boot and loosened the rocks - again
I scooped and took more rocks out - rechecked and signal was louder - it was not as loud as most sinker signals
are - I thought I might have a silver dime or wheatie down deep
I fanned some more and gave another good scoop - raised my scoop out of the way - checked the hole
- I had it in my scoop - The scoop was loaded to the top with rocks marble size to the size of your fist
I plucked a few of the larger ones out and looked in the scoop - the water was a little silty -so my vision was
not perfect - I saw in the rocks what I thought was a piece of yellow seaweed - I blinked - shook the scoop some more
and looked in again - I saw gold!
reached in and retrieved it and saw it had a nice big stone - it's a beauty !
The rings and coins from here have been mostly from the early 1900's - I have gotten coins from the 1800's here too
so I believe this ring is an "oldie" - did not get much here - but I got a gold - I was happy
thumb.gif

caspJ25.JPG J25casp.JPG

Upvote 13

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you Hear a Scream??? Yep that Will Be Red Screaming When She Sees that Beautiful Ring!!! Great find Chug!!!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Wow. That's a beauty. Diggin in the water is hard enough... And to throw in rocks makes it all that much harder. Congrats!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, GREAT JOB :wav:...Still dreamin' of my first gold ring. When I find my first one I swear I'm gonna' buy everyone on T-net a...big....round....of.....:sleepy2: Oh, darn, man, I was dreamin' again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread