Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out yesterday afternoon
Went to an old beach that was once an old amusement park
I had found old gold and old silver coins here in the past
this spot is mostly a fishing area now
I went to an area that was loaded with rocks - cause other hunters have a hard time digging around the rocks
especially without a mask and a good pair of wet boots
I got a faint signal - checked with my machine in ID mode and got a positive signal
I scooped down and hit rocks - I had to wiggle back and forth and work my scoop down
I could not get much out - so I fanned the spot with my boot and loosened the rocks - again
I scooped and took more rocks out - rechecked and signal was louder - it was not as loud as most sinker signals
are - I thought I might have a silver dime or wheatie down deep
I fanned some more and gave another good scoop - raised my scoop out of the way - checked the hole
- I had it in my scoop - The scoop was loaded to the top with rocks marble size to the size of your fist
I plucked a few of the larger ones out and looked in the scoop - the water was a little silty -so my vision was
not perfect - I saw in the rocks what I thought was a piece of yellow seaweed - I blinked - shook the scoop some more
and looked in again - I saw gold!
reached in and retrieved it and saw it had a nice big stone - it's a beauty !
The rings and coins from here have been mostly from the early 1900's - I have gotten coins from the 1800's here too
so I believe this ring is an "oldie" - did not get much here - but I got a gold - I was happy
thumb.gif

caspJ25.JPG J25casp.JPG

Upvote 13
Did you Hear a Scream??? Yep that Will Be Red Screaming When She Sees that Beautiful Ring!!! Great find Chug!!!

Wow. That's a beauty. Diggin in the water is hard enough... And to throw in rocks makes it all that much harder. Congrats!

WOW, GREAT JOB :wav:...Still dreamin' of my first gold ring. When I find my first one I swear I'm gonna' buy everyone on T-net a...big....round....of.....:sleepy2: Oh, darn, man, I was dreamin' again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back