OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Starbuck , thanks for responding .
Are you saying that with the wires to the sensor unplugged the sensor will generate a voltage
reading on my meter if it is working ?

Starbuck

Dec 16, 2006
Browns Summit NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Hillbilly,
If the sensor is working as the drive shaft is turning your meter should indicate an AC voltage and I am going to have to guess because I don't have a specification for that vehicle that it will be between 1-5 volts AC at low speed and go up as the speed increases. It would probably be wise to try to find the exact spec if the sensor is sending out a voltage signal at all. I don't think you will see any voltage signal because I think that the sensor is your problem. If you do get a voltage signal though this could indicate a wiring problem or as I said before a bad sensor buffer module or PCM. The sensor send out an AC voltage signal and the buffer converts it into a digital signal DC voltage that the PCM cruise and other components that need a speed sensor reference can use. I think the sensor or wiring connection is probably the fault because in general we just don't see module and PCM failures like we used to these components are usually pretty well protected and the quality has improved greatly. If the sensor is faulty I would recommend using a good brand name replacement Nissan, Napa , Carquest component the cheap stuff from Advance and Autozone just don't see to last for the small amount in savings. Good Luck,hope you find this useful. - Starbuck

OP
OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Thanks again Starbuck
Today I did as you suggested . Low ohm reading so I went ahead & done the voltage test . Had
truck wheels off the ground , motor running & transmission in 1st gear . Rear wheels spinning .
No voltage reading at all . Had wife to press accelerator while I watched the meter & it didn't
move . Thanks for the heads up about autozone as I had already done some price checking &
was about to go there to get one . THANKS AGAIN

WV Hillbilly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread