Any BH Detector in the 8" coin range in Real Life use?

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher F4 comes with a 11" DD coil.

It will accept both your BH coils without problems.

Advantages of this purchase are obvious :

-Digital detector with notching capacities.

-Your arsenal wil contain both DD and concentric coils.

-No motion mode with ground balance. You can search in non motion, listening to faint, deep signal, eventually checking them in disc.

-Depth meter to dig only deep targets, or targets in the coin range, or both.

The alternative is a Time Ranger. I run one, and I like it a lot. It has a proscpecting mode, and my '" gold nugget coil air tests 8+" on coin-sized targets.

HH

Grumpy.

Thanks for the info on the two detectors. I have been seeing more about the Time Ranger detector lately, but looking for reviews/info online is vary scarce. I've seen some great reviews for the Fisher but decided on the BH Discovery 3300, and is what I got. If I do upgrade again at some point I'll be looking at the Fisher and Teknetics lines - and hopefully have some found silver or rings to pay for it. :D

My new Discovery 3300 has those options except the DD coil, and I am glad to have a no motion pinpoint mode too. It has a manual ground balance for the pinpoint mode and is great to tune the signal of a target to actual size, very handy and allows me to dig very small holes or use a probe. I never thought of hunting in that mode but it would be great for areas that don't have lots of trash.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet thread. Just what i was looking for.a cheap md that can see coins deeper then 6".man for a minute there i was starting to think this info was top secret lol.

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet thread. Just what i was looking for.a cheap md that can see coins deeper then 6".man for a minute there i was starting to think this info was top secret lol.

Nothing top secret just a bit of online researching :D Not sure of your price range, but I can tell you the higher end Bounty Hunters get deeper than 6".

My new MD the BH Discovery 3300 rang on a coin at nearly 7", still adjusting to the MD and haven't had much time lately to detect (or deep finds) so I'm not sure how far it can really go. The 3300 does have a 10" advertised depth, and I have to admit if it truly does find any that deep I won't be detecting much that day - digging that deep takes a long time in this hard drought dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread