any canadians here east coast?

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
there's a few guys in your area, depending where you are in the province, you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding good stuff
look out for Wednesdays storm ,you'll be digging more snow than targets

OP
OP
F

frbynd420

Greenie
Mar 24, 2014
moncton nb
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya im not too happy about the storm ive been itching to try my detector out. damn snow should be long gone. im in moncton nb. where in canada are you? and what is your favourite or best finds?

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
ya im not too happy about the storm ive been itching to try my detector out. damn snow should be long gone. im in moncton nb. where in canada are you? and what is your favourite or best finds?

I'm a couple hours away from you, across the bridge ;)....I enjoy hunting colonial sites primarily, so anything from the late 1700s and on interests me

OP
OP
F

frbynd420

Greenie
Mar 24, 2014
moncton nb
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pei? do you hunt there or do you come over this way ? if your ever this way and might want some company that be cool as i never done this before i wanna do it with my 3 yr old boy mostly finding treasur to him

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pei? do you hunt there or do you come over this way ? if your ever this way and might want some company that be cool as i never done this before i wanna do it with my 3 yr old boy mostly finding treasur to him

If we get there your son might get his first Tim Horton's coffee. :laughing7: But on a serious, but not so serious note, I think you might have under estimated both the mental and physical part of this hobby a little. I often say if this was a job I was paid to do I would hate it. The good news is if you get involved now, for you, because that's the ONLY way you will stick around, by the time your son is old enough to use a detector you'll have a ton of experience. BTW... yes I hunt with Ironhorse.

We've been over a handful of times, but not recently.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tim Horton's...they closed down the one near me...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
F

frbynd420

Greenie
Mar 24, 2014
moncton nb
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont under estimate it i go for walks through the woods with my dogs alot i fish in spots people call billy goating to get into to fish with cliffs i like trhe nature part of life and if i can swing my detector along the walks and fishing trails as i go why not. my son would love digging up the ground to find a coin or anything interesting would be treasure to him. i got 17 acres of my grandparents house to check were germans once lived way back and when you go thru the woods there is alot of old buildings scattered thru them woods just rock foundations and a lil log cabin way back that no one has used since my grandparents bought the place so there is where i really want to go to see what may be around there. but if nothing is there im not gonna be mad about it i hike for 4 hrs to fish and sometimes only get a couple fish but it was awesome being out fishing im treating metal detecting the same way hope for the best but expect the worse...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont under estimate it i go for walks through the woods with my dogs alot i fish in spots people call billy goating to get into to fish with cliffs i like trhe nature part of life and if i can swing my detector along the walks and fishing trails as i go why not. my son would love digging up the ground to find a coin or anything interesting would be treasure to him. i got 17 acres of my grandparents house to check were germans once lived way back and when you go thru the woods there is alot of old buildings scattered thru them woods just rock foundations and a lil log cabin way back that no one has used since my grandparents bought the place so there is where i really want to go to see what may be around there. but if nothing is there im not gonna be mad about it i hike for 4 hrs to fish and sometimes only get a couple fish but it was awesome being out fishing im treating metal detecting the same way hope for the best but expect the worse...

It sounds like you might have some detecting DNA, so if you give it a reasonable shot you very well might be a lifer.

OP
OP
F

frbynd420

Greenie
Mar 24, 2014
moncton nb
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i read lots of stories and watch you tube videos and it seems very interesting cause really you dont have a clue whats gonna be in the hole. do you use pin pointers or just the detector? i want one but man 160 for a pin pointer seems very high but maybe thats just me

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i read lots of stories and watch you tube videos and it seems very interesting cause really you dont have a clue whats gonna be in the hole. do you use pin pointers or just the detector? i want one but man 160 for a pin pointer seems very high but maybe thats just me

No, you don't need one, especially if you hunt places that you can dig with a shovel.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to your next addiction. Get the Pro Pointer and when you are out with your son let him use it to find the targets. I do that with my grandson and he loves it.
Good Luck,
ZDD

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

Hunting with an experienced detectorist will help eliminate the learning curve for you no doubt, but having some bonding time with your little guy is something no one else can teach you
Not too often I get over your way to hunt, but you'll find plenty of good places to swing... your family land sounds like a perfect place to start and cut your teeth with your machine

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! Always good to see a fellow Canuck. Unfortunately I'm out west. Give the 'Canada' section a try. I'm sure you could always find folks out east. Good luck and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread