Any help Identifying these and maybe valuing them? Arrowhead/Spearhead?

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were found in Southeastern Wisconsin in the 1960's on two separate farm fields owned by my family.

I was wondering if there is anyone who could maybe help me identify them, and give me some kind of value or estimated value.

There were a few more, but they were "run of the mill" types, and not in the best shape.

These are the 2 that I thought were most interesting.

Thanks in advance.

arrowhead 015.JPG arrowhead 014.JPG

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
The best way to get a feel for what items like that are worth would be to see what similar items are selling for on e-bay. They have thousands of them on there, and looking there would give you a good idea. They are not very high grade items, and I don't think you would be happy with their actual value. Now, you just never know, so I would also show the ones you don't think are much. Artifacts can be full of surprises.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Left one looks like might be a Hemphill.... the other is a blade/knife form.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EBay is so flooded with fakes and people with limited knowledge readily handing over money for them I can't see how that would be reliable standard for value.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are nice artifact, value is what they mean to the owner. On the market you might get $30 for the 2 ,but if you are a family member found them they could be of more value to you since they came off of family land.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Sorry for chimming in dudes, but the guy did ask for types, and values or estimated values. Since I am not interested try to type

The best way to find out is seeing what the market is doing. You go to sell your house, and what do they do to find an asking price or value? Look at comparable homes correct? Now, you guys find one place that sells as many artifacts (a bigger market) and I will recommed them.

And ebay is NOT flooded with fakes, especially of this caliber of an artifact. Anyone that wants to throw blanket statements and accusations out like "ebay is so flooded with fakes" for the world to see, may want to start adding that it was just his opinion before he finds himself in a bind. That's Libel.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to agree with Quito, not all points on e-bay are fakes. I have sold points on e-bay that for sure where not fake, it's the points that are just to good to be true that you have to take a good look at.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I will have to agree with Quito, not all points on e-bay are fakes. I have sold points on e-bay that for sure where not fake, it's the points that are just to good to be true that you have to take a good look at.

I've sold hundreds, and probably bought near the same amount. Only got burned once, I screwed up letting someone take me off site to do the deal.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this better... It is my opinion that ebay IS flooded with fakes.
It's also my opinion that anyone who has bought hundreds of points from ebay has a collection that is very tainted.
I have free speech my friend I do not have to preface something I say about eBay.. That's hilarious.

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Is this better... It is my opinion that ebay IS flooded with fakes.
It's also my opinion that anyone who has bought hundreds of points from ebay has a collection that is very tainted.
I have free speech my friend I do not have to preface something I say about eBay.. That's hilarious.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

You better stop with the insults, and wild accusations young fella. You have no idea of my collection, just the few that I have shown.

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
eBay is loaded with fakes IMO. Some people buy them, so they keep selling them. Not the place to a acquire artifacts, once again IMO.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
"I have free speech my friend I do not have to preface something I say about eBay.. That's hilarious."

Perhaps I should have said defamation instead of Libel.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Like I said earlier, you guys just stay away from there. I'll keep on plucking the occasional good deals out of there like I have been doing for years.
You guys will never know how heart broke I was when I pulled this one out of there a few years ago.
DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably as bad as me when I found this myself.
I never said they were all fake that would be silly but what I said and what I believe is that there are a very large number of fake artifacts being sold through ebay and bounced around all over the country diminishing the value of the entire group.

ForumRunner_20131228_185212.png
And because there may have been a piece of paper attached to that piece in your hand proves nothing in today's market if that didn't come from an area where you are used to having your hands on the material the risk is all yours and the odds are not in your favor the people have got very very good at fooling buyers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread