omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I presently have the GTI 1500 and have used the others you mentioned. I have no confidence in the 1500 as it seems to lack depth and the other land detectors of that brand are in the same boat. The CX is the heavier of the Garrett's too.

There are others that use this detector and have a lot of fun with it. I am not a big fan of detectors with screens as the hunter tends to leave to many good targets in the ground.
However you could also do a lot worse with another brand.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I sometimes use the Garrett CX Plus. The true all metal mode and discrimination feature makes it a nice machine for what you pay for it.

bothmachines2.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with sandman it seems that my 1500 lacks depth also this is my second one and they both are not as deep as i would like ... And i am not a fan of display screens just like sandman i really hate display screens....... i have been useing a Sovereign for about 18 years tried the display even put one on my Sovereign then took it off and sold it..................... To me you waste to much time looking at it and like sandman says they lie to you............ tones do not lie as much as display...........

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one Oct 24 had to send back to garrett after 3 hunts for a loose knob and come to find out a bad coil it was a fast turn around but did find out they have dropped this from there lineup. So you might get a good deal from a dealer. Its a good detector I just feel like someone had a bad day at QC that day.
I only hunted 1 time with the stock coil and twice with the 4" sniper coil but the first hunts were only at tot lots. So I can yet give the CX plus a fair shake.
If you do buy one try to buy from a local dealer to check it real close.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my CX plus quite a bit. Mostly with the two box attachment. It is a very good all around machine, but like any detector, you have to use it enough to learn the machine. With the 8" coil, I have had some good luck with coins at a lake beach, and the Treasure Hound attachment is great for finding old wells, cellars and larger deeper targets. I also use the 4" sniper coil for trashy areas and the 12" coil for covering more ground. I even found an older 5 X 7 DD coil for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread