Any Interest?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Emailed a friend of mine where I use to live in Uvalde,Tx.He said if I was interested in bringing a group there,he could probably locate a ranch or spot,and to let him know about how many people.It's a long way out there for most,but just a days drive for me at 800mi.
Mobile,al -740
N.O.,La---600
Rayville,La-650
Caldwell,Ks-660
Springfield,Mo-830
Quaint little town,heavy mexican decor.50mi south you can cheap Xmas shop both sides of the border in Eagle Pass.The Nueces River is close there also.This is the town that Dale Evans came from and that Pat Garrett was sheriff in.
The first or second week of Dec?Last week of Oct?
Let me know.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I doubt that anyone in Uvalde has or ever had a detector.I was through there a year ago last april and the town is growing and expanding eastward toward Hondo.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WSD.
I noticed on a map of the town that it has a Ft. Clark Street. Was there a fort around there at any time? That sounds like it probably has some history around that area. Interesting area of the country for sure. That area should be in heavy deer hunting around that time. Thats if I recall that area having a lot of deer? Whatcha think?

Steve

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Lots of deer/turkey.Ft Clark(buffalo soldiers)is over near Bracketville(30mi).Patton,Eisenhower,McArthur were all there in the 20's,museum now with original bldgs.Alamo Village is just north of there where J.Wayne and a bunch of movies were filmed.I wasn't into detecting when I lived there,just fishing and heart attack,but I know there is or was many old foundations everywhere.They use to have a fiesta about every other week in the park,lots of dancing and concessions.If you hear several shotgun blasts,don't be alarmed,at the big grocery store there,they had a couple of huge trees in the lot and thousands of starlings would gather there and poop on everyone and there cars,so now and then they would come out and blast away at them.Probably have had to stop with the town getting bigger.Pat Garrett's home/jail was still there.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WSD,
I would have to say that it must have quite a bit of history there, thats an understatement. That would be a cool area to hunt in if we knew where to go. Good idea lets go this weekend and get started.

Steve

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'd be willing to go for a little drive. just let me know when and where

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Hells yeah, I'm in!
Baggins

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't we need 2 or 3 (OR more) of us do go down there now and check it out for later.....Just a thought WSD, since I'm retarded, ( I mean retired now) I could make a long run down there if someone else wants to go explore. I'll take my 4 wheeler, a tent, some beans and go find some neat places we could all go. Whatcha think, anybody else want to sacrifice and explore? Let me know.....I'm sittin' on go!

WSD, does your friend have some ideas of places to go???

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Juanmoretime said:
Don't we need 2 or 3 (OR more) of us do go down there now and check it out for later.....Just a thought WSD, since I'm retarded, ( I mean retired now) I could make a long run down there if someone else wants to go explore. I'll take my 4 wheeler, a tent, some beans and go find some neat places we could all go. Whatcha think, anybody else want to sacrifice and explore? Let me know.....I'm sittin' on go!

WSD, does your friend have some ideas of places to go???
Funny you should ask-I just emailed him.He sent me a email the other day and he had a falling accident in his house and suffered a concussion.Not getting around real good at that time.But asked me what I was kinda looking for and he'll see about it as soon as he can.I told him 5-10 or more acres with some history to it like a battle or large people gatherings,some place where some oldies could be unearthed.I'll wait for his answer.Told him I had thought about maybe the last wknd in oct.
As far as going on down there,my eye surgery is the 23rd sept and the other eye on the 7th oct,after that,if I can see,we just maybe will take a trip.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just talked to Burdie and he has been sick but he wants to hunt somewhere. Im ready now and don't want to wait any more, ( I sound like a little spoiled kid ) anyway lets go somewhere even if it's wrong!!! :icon_thumleft:

Steve ::)

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Hey noodle! The natives are restless and can't wait.You need to come up with something like in the next 30minutes!Noooodddle!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
West Texas, huh?! Haven't been there in a few decades. Sounds like fun if a good place could be found. Don't know if I can make it this fall, though. Kind of a fur piece fur a weekend... :tongue3: :dontknow: I'm still a working girl! >:( I'll keep watching the thread just in case I get laid off, though. :-* :-*

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Got this from my buddy in Uvalde today;

"We could probably come up with something that your group would like. Let me refer this to Joanne Nelson, our CVB executive director...this is up our alley"

Hope to hear from him soon.He use to run the radio station there in Uvalde.

Noodle - not really far west Tx,just 80mi west of San Antonio.

(I don't know what CVB is either)

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WSD,

MY truck is idling in the driveway, the 4 wheeler is loaded, and my batteries are charged in the detector...........sitting on blast off!!!! Need to hunt!!!

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny,
Are you ready, will you be there? You can ride on the back of my 4 wheeler! Lets hunt!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uvalde, TX holds some memories for me. Back in the day...my military days, we were convoying to Oro Grande, NM for a Joint Services Exercise. I was driving in the 2nd element...an all female element of the convoy. The 1st element had already arrived in Del Rio, we were half way there, when we met one of our trucks with 2 officers heading back our way, once we reached Del Rio, the 1st element convoy were happy to see us. We found out that the 3rd element had a bad wreck in Uvalde. Some women watching the convoy roll past, after awaiting for clear traffic, she pulls out and was hit broadsided by a driver hauling paint & dry wall supplies. He had plowed into her so hard that her vehicle was pushed across the median and into a 2 1/2 ton towing a generator. Needless to say the our truck was pushed over and sliding down the road with 2 passengers. No one was hurt seriously, but the truck was. We had to "bury" our truck in Uvalde. Many of my administrative supplies were broken beyond repair too.

Anyway, I would love a trip to Uvalde...just keep us informed.

:wink: RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I MISS EVERYONE SOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!!! I am pathitic! I want to hunt but, I more just want to see everyone! I DO NOT DO WELL ON WITHDRAWL! espically this long a time! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread