OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Thanks for the links,TN.A couple of things in the last link was very interesting.I lived there from '93-95,been back thru there twice since,once to see friends and fish Ammistad again and once for just 30min to have coffee with an old friend.Funny that the links didn't mention Pat Garrett or Dale Evans but did mention one of the newer actors.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I had forgot about Ft Inge.It's a county park now,I think,with hiking trails,etc.It's near an old volcano.It was an old cavalry fort.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ALWAYS interested in a TH!!!
If BEF, Bran and/or any other Floridians want to get together and drive on over I'm even MORE game!! I hope it's an area where I can bring and use one of my ATVs too!!

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
536 miles for me, almost next door!! I just looked at the links posted below and this sounded like a great place to spend a few days in. Lots of history, I'm ready, going outside to start my truck, I can be there in 10 hours or less.....gotta do it!!! :wav:

Anybody else gonna meet me??? ???

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
R'cd an email today;
Ron,

I just wanted to touch base with you. Ed has communicated to me your interest in the Uvalde area for your group to metal detect hunt. I am currently in the process of finding the land for you and will be in contact with you as soon as I know of something .

Thank you for your interest in the Uvalde area and I look forward to the possibility of accommodating your group!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Regards,
Joanne Nelson
Executive Director
Uvalde Convention & Visitors Bureau
Here is what I responded with;
Hi Joanne.Thank you for your email.I wanted to touch base with you also.When I talked to Ed,he used the term 'excavate' and I wanted to let you know that is not really the term.The guys and gals just walk around with their detectors and if they get a beep,they usually just extract a plug with a trowel with grass intact so that it can be put back without damage.The majority of finds are from 4-8".Some of the guys do have a small shovel in case the ground is extremely hard.All holes will be filled in and all trash found will be carried away.If the location is similar to Ft Inge,any recoveries that would be suitable for their display would certainly be offered to them.Either the weekend of 24/25 Oct or the 31/1 is what we are trying to put together.In addition,the hunters would be willing to pay $15 apiece to you or the landowner for allowing us access.There probably wouldn't be more than 20 hunters if that many.We are a group from Mo,Al,La,Ks,Ar,Tx and even Fl that just enjoy getting together and visiting more than anything else.We certainly appreciate your efforts in this and everyone will certainly thank you. You have a great city there and good people

If any of you have a heartburn with this,let me know.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No heartburn here, just have a feeling there will be a heartache tho. :'( ...For me. I can't go. We're expecting our first baby girl around that time and they would skin me alive if I were to be out of town when she arrives. :o
I KNOW you all will take lots of pics for me, huh? Maybe even a video?! ;D Sounds like a great place to get to hunt! :icon_pirat:

:-* me~

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nana if that baby is anything like you,she will be late as hell.She won't get here before the 12th so just plan on TX and the River Walk/Alamo in S.A.Charlie and Alden and Dan can go over to Ft Clark Museum and out to Alamo Village where J.Wayne filmed the flicks(just 30mi from Uvalde).

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

No problem. Bring the Mother with you and let the baby be born in Texas. What a heritage for the baby to start with!! Ask Baggins what he named their recent addition. I see no problem at all. Stick with me and everything will be okay! See if your honey doesn't agree with me! You have to stop being so mature with your decisions, the older you get, the more immature your decisions can be!! WSD would agree with me on that!! Lets do it!!!

Steve 8)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I have any babies on the way so I am just waiting for the word. Should we take our guns in case the Drug cartel tries to move in on our hunt? We could also set up some IE-D's around the perimeter if need be. :laughing7:

Burdie

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns mandatory, detectors optional! Standard rules near the border!!! :icon_thumleft: Lol!!

Steve ::)

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what a CCH is but near the border in Texas, I'm sure its quite legal. Bring it!!! :icon_thumleft:

WSD....what will the name of this hunt be....Taco Grande Hunt #1? :laughing9:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Nana if that baby is anything like you,she will be late as hell.

Yeah...well. Well. :P :D

Juanmoretime said:
Nana,

No problem. Bring the Mother with you and let the baby be born in Texas. What a heritage for the baby to start with!! Ask Baggins what he named their recent addition. I see no problem at all. Stick with me and everything will be okay! See if your honey doesn't agree with me! You have to stop being so mature with your decisions, the older you get, the more immature your decisions can be!! WSD would agree with me on that!! Lets do it!!!

Steve 8)

I think yer older than I am, Steve....I don't know if they'd buy the age thing.... yet. ;D :D :-*

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

I'm older than you are for sure big time, but you are older than the kids...thats what I meant. You'll always be older than them so you can be more crazy and get away with it. Besides you are a woman, you can blame everything on PMS!!! Doesn't matter if its true or not but you have a built in excuse no man can match!!! LOL!!! :icon_thumleft:

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
you guys are killing me, i check this post ever day to see if the hunt has moved
any closer to tn....whats with all the hunts being so far away from my area, don't you guys like me? (help me out nana). wsd was even afraid to say how many miles it was from anywhere in the east---lol hope it goes great for you guys, we just cant make one that far away this year....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :icon_sunny:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Olegoat,

No problem, make us one near your house, we'll come see you too!!! Throw us something mister!!!!

Steve ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olegoat said:
you guys are killing me, i check this post ever day to see if the hunt has moved
any closer to tn....whats with all the hunts being so far away from my area, don't you guys like me? (help me out nana). wsd was even afraid to say how many miles it was from anywhere in the east---lol hope it goes great for you guys, we just cant make one that far away this year....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :icon_sunny:

Yeah...what olegoat said! :D

I KNOW you're bound to know someone in Mobile...say around the Spanish Fort area?...that you could get permission from Daddy? Wouldn't that be awesome! Only 4 1/2 hour drive! ;D :-*

And Steve....you ain't THAT much older than I am! :D

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

Yes I am older than you but you are SO much easier to look at than me!!!! Lol!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread