Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bounty Hunter Lone Star Metal Detector, a few years ago I got one and I wanna get into it. The problem I had is that theres a wide area where it beeps so its hard to pinpoint it down. Is there a way to stop this? And how do I make it so it doesn't go for pull tabs. thanks

This is an old post. But my buddy Dave (dahut) has a lot of useful info above for this detector. Do you still have a manual? If not, it's here:http://detecting.com/manuals/Lone Star) REV 2 08.24.12 - Reader.pdf

Get rid of pull tabs is a double edge sword. You also get rid of possible gold. If all you want is silver, then turn on the detector, hit the disc button and turn the disc knob to about 2 o'clock. (or the beginning of zinc).

The best setting is to use disc, set the disc knob at 10 o'clock and start hunting. Soon you will hear and see, on the display, a difference between pull tabs and something other than pull tabs. This hobby takes patience and time to get good at it. You don't become a pro photographer just because you own a camera.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread