52.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1214124281.jpg
    image-1214124281.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 153

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO, That is the perfect beginner Detector. After you master that you can upgrade to a 250 or 350 without any problems with learning curves.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Get the ace it will be better if you can afford a 250 even better. They are all beginner's detectors

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked the ace 150 and it was like $50 dollars more.

Time is the only thing you never get back, why waste it swinging a detector that isn't up to the task. While some of these cheap Bounty Hunters can find metal, so can a magnet. You are much better off spending your money on a detector from a major manufacturer as they make quality equipement. Fifty dollars more for a 150 is cheap when you figure you might want a different size coil someday, or service. Do yourself a favor and learn all you can about the big brands as they are big for a reason, they produce coins and relics.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not my role to knock the Garrets, but this is a BH forum and I smell some trolling. At its price point the BH TK4 is a very good beginner machine with more track record than almost any other beep on the planet. This matter has been discussed in detail on another website which shall remain unnamed out of respect for this one, but most folks won't have much difficulty tracking it down if they're interested.

--Dave J.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not my role to knock the Garrets, but this is a BH forum and I smell some trolling. At its price point the BH TK4 is a very good beginner machine with more track record than almost any other beep on the planet. This matter has been discussed in detail on another website which shall remain unnamed out of respect for this one, but most folks won't have much difficulty tracking it down if they're interested.

--Dave J.

First of all if you look at my profile you will note I use Bounty Hunters, in addition, for almost 9 years. I have nothing against Bounty Hunters obviously.
Second, I was merely stating that the OP could get a much better machine for about the same price.
Last, I noticed your profile states you use a BS Detector? what the heck is that? Is it some kind of joke?

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever detector you decide to get be sure to spend a lot of time with it learning it.
Any detector can find metal, it is the user and how well you know your detector that will determine if you find treasure or trash.
As sandman stated "Time is the only thing you never get back" so choose wisely.

deliveryboy

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the TR4 it is very user friendly and a great machine. Currently I own a 505, Quickdraw2, Quicksilver, and a TR4 the 505 and TR4 are my favorites for their own individual reasons. The only thing that the TR4 lacks IMO to make it better is a depth indicator. I would suggest getting one. To me the so called "big names" mentioned above are far overrated bounty hunter's are quality machines and have ties to Fisher as well. Get the cheaper bounty hunter then when you decide to move up sell the BH or keep it then save to purchase the better machine you desire, who knows maybe you will find enough treasure to buy one of the pro machines.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice, now out to metal detect....

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread