Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey y'all.
I
Found this soldier while I was detecting in a spot with no grass and found him. He's missing an arm, as you can see. I've looked on line for quite a while and haven't seen anything remotely similar. I guess he's from the 50s based on other ones I've found that look the same. My guess is that maybe he was peeling potatos or writing a letter. Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429152376.624652.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429152420.797118.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429152467.572813.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several model companies produced dioramas with a vehicle or artillery piece and the soldiers to crew or service it. Perhaps he's part of one of those?

Bofor-AA-Gun-Modelling-Toy-Soldiers-Figarti-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheatfinder13,
Is the soldier "soft plastic" or brittle plastic, (like those found in model kits as Charlie P. said...?)

If he is soft plastic, he is nowhere in my many OLD reference books for American toy soldiers, and he may be from a foreign toy soldier maker from the 50's-60's, 54 mm size.

If he is hard plastic, he was not meant to be played with, just painted and displayed with the model kit.
Very cool mystery. Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wheatfinder13, Is the soldier "soft plastic" or brittle plastic, (like those found in model kits as Charlie P. said...?) If he is soft plastic, he is nowhere in my many OLD reference books for American toy soldiers, and he may be from a foreign toy soldier maker from the 50's-60's, 54 mm size. If he is hard plastic, he was not meant to be played with, just painted and displayed with the model kit. Very cool mystery. Sub 8-)
Hello. It is a harder plastic, not like the other Marx soldiers ive found detecting. It's very detailed. Thanks

Upvote 0

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheatfinder13, Old soft plastic figures (army men, cowboys, spacemen, etc...) including Marx can command a premium in the modern collectors market. If you need help identifying them, send photos in an email and I would be glad to help. Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
wheatfinder13

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Subterranean said:
Wheatfinder13, Old soft plastic figures (army men, cowboys, spacemen, etc...) including Marx can command a premium in the modern collectors market. If you need help identifying them, send photos in an email and I would be glad to help. Sub 8-)
thanks!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions