Symbols on Big Rock - Could be a mine?

goldminer158

Apr 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm concerned about this painting that was found on a big rock. It appears to be a snake and a tilted cross with 2 saddlebags hanging. If anyone knows the meaning and could help me, please help. This could be between 300-900 years old. Snake 2.PNG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're in Egypt it could indicate water or be the "N" sound as part of a word.

Just the wavy shape - don't see the cross and bags.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

goldminer158

Apr 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross is sort of faint in white right behind the snake. It is also in Mexico.

Upvote 0

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snake looks old, but the cross to me looks like it was just scratched in the rock pretty recently?

Upvote 0

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm concerned about this painting that was found on a big rock. It appears to be a snake and a tilted cross with 2 saddlebags hanging. If anyone knows the meaning and could help me, please help. This could be between 300-900 years old. View attachment 1147557
========================================================
Did you notice the outlined X and other stuff under the "snake" looking glyphs you are asking about?
There are several other things there for sure.

Hit

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel the western states in sales and stop by the places of American native rock art sites. Many have this image of this slithering snake. I've seen some with the snake in conjunction with what looks like a corn plant cutting it in half and others by them selves like this one you found. I do know in the areas I see them, rattle snake can also be found in the area also, so it could just be a warning sign?. This is a link to a site in the Moab Utah area with a snake known as the "solstice snake" Solstice Snake - Moab - Petroglyphs I don't know what the slithering snake all means?. I did read someplace that the oral history passed down by the Navajo that, long ago there was a ruling faction by a family in the southwest and they became very harsh and unreasonable with taxes of grain and to follow their leadership any longer and it wasn't climate change that was the demise of the Anasazi culture as these modern day archaeologist's put it. Out of protest of this political order all fell apart and all the peoples left this governing power and went different ways though out the South West and Northern Mexico. I've see a few of these slithering snakes on rocks. My take on them, it was a sign of unity and protest against this evil governing ruler family and put there at the time these people were no longer willing to give portions of their crops to these political snakes. Through out the history of man, snakes have for the most part, never meant anything good. Just read Matthew 23:33 and see how Jesus addresses the Pharisees and Sadducees who were the ruling religious leaders of his time.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions