Any signs of being worked by Native Americans?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any signs of the end of this rock being carved by Native Americans and are those carved faces on the end or just pareidolia?

And the bottom two pictures, are those channels in the rock just natural faults and erosion or do those look carved by man?

stone2.jpg

stone1.jpg

stone3.jpg

stone4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Can’t tell if worked because the pics aren’t close enough

It just looks like a natural rock to me. There are tons of rocks like that all over the place around here.

That looks like a large limestone boulder to me.
I think its natural weathering. the softer limestone in the middle has started to weather down from water acion over thousands of years. Even rainwater alone will result in this look over thousands of years. The water pickes up acids nad other minerals in the atmosphere and will erode the softest area, as gravity acts upon it and takes the path of least resistance as it runs down the rock.

We have a farm with many boulders such as this, large, some larger than a school bus. Jutting out of the face of the rise from the creek bed.

This is one of the boulders, at the top of the hill. The hill face is approximately 100 ft to the creekbed below. You cen see a horizontal seam below them and a vertical seam to the right of them. The weathering of the water action as well as the freeze thaw eventually bust the rock.

MVC-265F.JPG

Looks like natural rocks, but pictures are poor so that doesn't help...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back