Any Sovereign GT users use the 10X12 SEF coil for beach hunting?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 10x12 SEF coil on my DFX ,when the DFX is fully extended to 54 inches the cable just reaches the box i dont think the cable is going to be long enough for a hip mount for your Sov. GT hope that helps .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the SEF 15X18 Butterfly coil on my Sovereign for the beaches. I love the coil, but it is a heavy coil, lots heavier then the WOT....I use the "S" model all purpose harness from Kellyco.... http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/miscacessories.htm

I can hunt with any coil all day long with no weight problems at all using the harness....I can't understand why more hunters don't use it. It also gives you the ability to let go of your detector and it hangs right by your side, controls up.....................

It is a fantastic accessory for detecting... :icon_thumright:

I love the SEF coil, it has great coverage and goes deep as well. If I am not going in the surf and only hunting wet sand up to mid calf I use it. I have 2 Excals, one has a WOT spliced on and the other will have the SunRay Intruder S-12 spliced on for use in the water by this weekend, it is on the way now...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread