GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try these settings and dig whisper signals with the Deus for the deep ones. Repeatable on the cross swing, high tones that you can barely hear, that give no ID most of the time. You don't know what you're digging, but you know it is something deep and non-ferrous once you get the ear for the full tones faint signals. I'm amazed at the coins I have been sniffing out at depths of 8-9". I found a half dime a few days ago at 9" with the following settings. These whisper signals hit near identical on the cross swing. They don't change from high to mid tone, or high to low... they remain high.--

Full tones!
Reac 3 (I hit the 9" dime at Reac 3), Reac 2 or 1 to squeeze out even more depth
Sil -1
7 khz
Sens 95
Disc 0,
TX 2,
Audio response 4
Notch 98-99
GB manual a couple of points below GMI (around here, 83- 84 GB works for me at most sites quite nicely.)

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For what its worth, I have never used 'pumping' ground on the Deus. I just set my manual at 80 or lower if possible (which is most of the time). Like when Vino told me about lowering the sens to the low 80s and running TX power at 1 for iron infested sites, when a UK user told me to lower the GB as low as I could stand it to get more sens, it was a major improvement in performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For what its worth, I have never used 'pumping' ground on the Deus. I just set my manual at 80 or lower if possible (which is most of the time). Like when Vino told me about lowering the sens to the low 80s and running TX power at 1 for iron infested sites, when a UK user told me to lower the GB as low as I could stand it to get more sens, it was a major improvement in performance.
Thanks Cross. I had been trying to use the GB Pumping option a lot when I first started, and noticed it was giving me a failed message most of the time. I watched Garys video again the other day about ground balancing. He said that if you get the message GB failed, it could mean that your ground doesn't have enough mineralization for the pumping to work.
He suggested running the GB manually really low, and then start running it up until the chatter goes away. Then try to run the GB manually just low enough to avoid the chatter.
When I initially watched the DEUS Vesteherer video, I thought when he was pumping, he was using the PUMPING OPTION, I now realize he was pumping to find the ground, and then using that to manually change his GB Settings.
Seems like every time I watch these videos, I catch something new.
Here is the video link to Garys GB Video..
[video=youtube;k_GJcaIeRMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k_GJcaIeRMc[/video]

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best advice I can give, is to give yourself a lot of time to get experience with the machine and leave the settings alone! Then get the book by Andy Sabisch read it thoroughly than read it again. In his book you'll find programs that will enhance the Deus experience. You can't really make changes in the programs until you completely understand what each adjustment means. Once you have learned the options available you can then make informed decisions and you'll find a lot more with the Dues.

This is great advice. What works for me in my ground may or may not work for you and yours. Learning the XP Deus is THE biggest key to success! That way when you make an adjustment you can say hey I like that or no that stinks.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The best advice I can give, is to give yourself a lot of time to get experience with the machine and leave the settings alone! Then get the book by Andy Sabisch read it thoroughly than read it again. In his book you'll find programs that will enhance the Deus experience. You can't really make changes in the programs until you completely understand what each adjustment means. Once you have learned the options available you can then make informed decisions and you'll find a lot more with the Dues.
Thanks Del Digger. I believe I thought I was going to take off running with this machine, and make amazing finds at unbelievable depths, at hunted out sites. That may be the case for some people, but not necessarily for me. I have been spending some time with this machine and trying to be patient. I feel like im starting to get more familiar with it.
This is great advice. What works for me in my ground may or may not work for you and yours. Learning the XP Deus is THE biggest key to success! That way when you make an adjustment you can say hey I like that or no that stinks.
Thanks Bart. Learning and familiarization to the machine is absolutely key. Reading and watching videos online has been helpful, but until you get out there and gain real-time experience with it, you are not going to fully understand what is happening. I have been running full tones, and I think I am beginning to get more familiar the machine and its tones. Sometimes when I hear tones on coins, im almost certain they are coins before I dig. I also had some luck lately on deep faint tones with no VDI #'s. When I first started I was going after these deep faint tone targets, and they were mostly turning out to be deep rusted iron, but the other day I dug several and they turned out to be deep tokens or coins. Just like any machine or task, it takes time to learn and become familiar with it.
Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread