Any TN members in the PDX/SW WA area have a jackhammer for Pay?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No such thing as a dumb question, so here goes!

I have a old concrete pad that need breaking up 116 sq ft. After getting 2 crazy quotes of 400.00 and 500.00 I thought you miners might need some gas money. No hauling, coffee and Ice water provided. Old park across the street for detecting also on the lovely E Fork of the Lewis River.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_1571.JPG

Busting up concrete

I took a 12lb sledge hammer to a deck I had sinking. I was surprised it only took 30 minutes to demolish it. I just started whacking it in one corner to get started.

An electric jackhammer here runs under $80 a day. You try a lot of rental places?

Being that old it would probably bust up easily?
I took a 12lb sledge hammer to a deck I had sinking. I was surprised it only took 30 minutes to demolish it. I just started whacking it in one corner to get started.

I have used a 12 pound sledge to bust some up also. The 4" thick stuff (concrete) goes pretty fast.

thank you all for the comebacks! I didn't know they had electric jackhammers. Yes, it's older but concrete must have been cheap back then, it a good 6" thick. Shoulder prevents me from the sledge, but perhaps I can hire some youngster.

Hammer drill rental about 25 bucks, black powder about another 20.

I thought about powder, it would be fun - but the barn is close - anyone here into shaped charges?:laughing7:

I know a little bit about concrete. Don't waste your money renting an electrical jack hammer, get a 90lb air hammer and a big gas air compressor. The thickness of the slab makes a big difference. 2", might maybe use the electrical hammer, but if it's 2" and just wire mesh you might as well use a sledge hammer and a snips. 6" or more with rebar and you might need a bobcat with a hydraulic breaker.

ETA- if it's half a foot thick and 116sqft, that's a bit over two yards volume. That slab weighs near 7,000lbs. $400 is a deal, IMO, but only if they haul it out.

Last edited:
Duckshot, thank you for giving me a idea of what this eyesore will really entail - If you need info on Molewacking, give me a wave!

:BangHead: this didn't work either - :laughing7:

I just recently rented an electric hammer from Aubachon. Worked quite well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back