Anybody care to Dowse this property pic?

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an opportunity to search a property where the owner claimed (to family members) that he buried money. The home is only 50yrs old. The owner was wealthy and recently died in a car accident.
I detected the area but there is so much construction trash and EMI noise that it is very difficult to get any deep readings. The house has aluminum siding almost to the ground so I can't get too close to the foundation.
The property is very old as I was digging up cut nails and other artifacts that were probably related to the 1860 era farmstead next door.

I have seen people dowse pics and maps before for others looking for buried caches and though I am a skeptic, I am open to the idea that there are some people that have certain unexplainable skills.
I will post any findings on the board so that it could help validate dowsing to me and others in this hobby.
home.jpg The home will be going up for sale soon and the inheritance should go to the family of the deceased.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ism,
I can print this out tomorrow and start to work on it, how soon do you need this done?
You could also post this in the dowsing section to get help from more than one dowser, I'm not sure how many of the dowsers will see your post here in the cache section.
Someone should check his vehicle/vehicles as well for hidden money and check if he owned other property.
Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ism,
I can print this out tomorrow and start to work on it, how soon do you need this done?
You could also post this in the dowsing section to get help from more than one dowser, I'm not sure how many of the dowsers will see your post here in the cache section.
Someone should check his vehicle/vehicles as well for hidden money and check if he owned other property.
Jon

Thank you much Jon, I'm not in a big hurry because the estate has to be liquidated. However the window will close as soon as they can get everything sold. The sister wants me to check the house also but hasn't said when. The fellow was somewhat of a hoarder. The car is the one he was critically injured in and is probably scrap metal now. Thanks for the ideas. I just happened to see it done here a couple times and didn't think of posting in the dowsing forum.
Ran

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ism,
Dowsing revealed....
White circled area: An attraction to U.S. paper money.
Blue circle/rectangle areas: An attraction to silver coins. The south circled locations may be inside the house.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon
ismhomedowsed.jpg

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sacrificing your time Jon, Now I can concentrate on these areas. I will get out there sometime this week and let you know.

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wheeler, Its in Michigan. I stopped at the property today and investigated a couple areas but didn't find anything. Its been dry lately so I did a lot of probing. The targets I dug were only scrap metal. It doesn't look promising thus far.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm,

My map dowsing seems to stink lately the older I get,dunno why?
A buddy located 6 milk cans of silver coins a contractor had buried before he died. He had told his family that nobody would be able to find his silver stash.
My friend told me the yard looked like moon craters all over it. He used a Fisher Goldbug with 15 inch coil and only got 1 tiny Peep with it. Guess, what, the TINY Peep was a Milk can 4 or 5 feet deep. A milk can full of silver coins. I think they recovered like 5 cans between 4-6 feet down. They were put there with a backhoe. My friend got nothing but the story for his efforts.I guess he was happy with that to promote his detector business.

-Tom V.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MY map dowsing is saying there is CASH only, in PVC plastic pipes, in the attic, along the high part of the roof, indoors,possibly in plain sight, not hidden.Heck, if you didn't know anything about PVC pipes used as banks by hoarders, you could walk right past a stash in plain view, and never know it..I don't see any gold or silver caches, only paper money.Oh, its on the longer section of the roof, NOT the short part of the L.

-Tom V.

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, thanks for your interrest. Yes the administrator of the property found stashes of cash in different locations. Not a great ammount but what an average person may tuck away. I haven't been asked to look in the house yet..they are still in the process of liquidating the contents..etc. I am still in contact so when the time comes I will look for those locations often mentioned in the forum. I will also heed your advice.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Ism,

I'm no dowser. However I share the fascination of those who believe in dowsing which has survived and flourished through the centuries. The "paranormal" or "metaphysical" connection (or whatever you call it) still defies rational quantification but how can one argue with numerous instances of apparent dowsing success? My only concern right now with regards to the picture is: are the encircled configurations photo ARTIFACTS? If not, would they be worth exploring?

Wishing you all the success in your search! michigan home.jpg

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabu, The circled location is where a large tree was removed. Based on the other trees in that location it was probably a pine tree. I have detected and probed a lot of that area but only found scrap metal. It has been the focal point of a couple map/picture dowsers. Right now its too dry and hot but I will get out there again after we get a decent rainfall. Its probable that the original owner would have unearthed any cache before having the stump ground unless it was far enough away. Or used the location after it was ground to bury one....hmmmm has me thinking now. I never searched the center. The area just to the bottom of your circle is a deep well with an old hand pump next to it surrounded by a flower bed. It would be a good place for a cache but I probed it also without success. My probe is only 3ft however the gentleman was in his 90's and I don't think he would have dug very deep in the last 20 years. I try to put myself in his place and the best location I come up with is just behind the house next to the foundation. Its the only location out of view from the neighbors. However any flower garden would be a decent site since it would be a reasonable cover for digging without raising suspicion. All this is based on a couple comments the old man made in jest through the years....Of course many people joke around with the truth so it is possible. Thank you for your wishes...
HH
Ran

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ism,

If we look at the satellite imagery of the uprooted tree stump, it somewhat resembles a pale whitish bug without legs and with a short and narrow proboscis pointing towards the house and by its bottom left side (to the right of the picture) are 2 small dots with the same pale color relative to the darker background. In satellite imagery soil from excavations tends to appear lighter in color compared to surface soil. The most likely explanation is that the excavated underground soil is less exposed to the oxidizing effect of the sun and the atmosphere compared to surface or top soil which look darker. Hence, even after decades, signs of ground disturbance due to excavations, burials, etc. are still detectable. What I'm just trying to point out is that the 2 pale dots might be possible clues to previous digs by the late owner (correct me if I'm wrong). Speaking of old hand pumps, long after the end of World War II, a group of treasure hunters in southern Philippines was said to have recovered gold bars inside a wooden box. One of them stumbled upon an old, rusty water hand pump on an isolated hilltop far from civilization and upon digging down to tip of the well pipe, the foot valve was found to be standing on top of the said box. (My apologies for digressing from the topic of DOWSING).

Tabu

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
By the way,

I'm also intrigued by the presence of the old well near the dug up tree stump and the old hand pump BESIDE the old well (and not on TOP of it) and both surrounded by a FLOWER garden. In Shakespeare's play, Henry VI, Part II, the phrase "sub rosa" (Lat., "under the rose") is encountered-- meaning "in secret..concealment..". I wonder what's underneath the flower (rose??) bed. A short or medium length 6" to 10" diameter PVC pipe stuffed with paper dollar bills can easily be lowered into a narrow hole within the immediate vicinity of the well and pump surrounded by the flower bed and perhaps a little bit out of reach of a typical 3-ft long probe. A deep-seeking metal detector probably wouldn't give a warning sound if passed over the stuffed plastic pipe. Before my imagination wanders off some more, although said in jest, why did the late owner kept on alluding to a flower garden time and again as a good hiding place for treasure? Why plant a flower garden around an old hand pump? ...sub rosa...hmm.

tabu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread