Lost time capsule at middle school

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting a couple hours a day at a local park and left a business card (not related to detecting) with the grounds keeper. The card was given to a member of the schoolboard trying to locate a lost time capsule that in turn contacted me. I Spent about 2 hours with two detectors, a magnetometer and even my Garrett pro pointer taped to a 4 foot long dowel to probe a large juniper bush that is in the believed location. I removed 4 pop cans from under the bushes and other metal. The school now has agreed to remove the bush in the next couple days. The capsule is rumored to have been placed in the ground in the 60s. I am told it is believed not to be encased in concrete. Little is known of the construction of the container or marker. I am really itching from rooting around the juniper and itching to see what kids thought belonged in a capsule. As A finders fee the school promises my picture with the capsule. I sure hope it is still there.

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

I hope you find it. Be sure and post a pic if you do.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday morning at 9 they are opening the gate to give access to the old school that is soon to be leveled. I have only been able to detect outside the fence so far. Hopefully we can also move the portable fence to detect that area also. I am not sure if the juniper is coming out that day.

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where at in washington state are you i can give you a hand if you need it still?
We are presently at an impass regarding the locked fence that surrounds the school being demolished. The fence prevents detecting the area under it and that behind next to the building. There are other large metal objects in the general vicinity as well. The fence was erected after dumpsters that were full we're emptied by souvenir hunters. It was trash after all, but if someone took it, then it must have had value. There is money in all the brick!

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow crazy thats too bad about the fence. What was in the dumpsters that was valuable? Well let me know if you still need help when the time comes id love to get some experience :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread