Anybody Go to CHURCH??? plenty of money Every week!

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Coin roll hunting has reached an all time low. Now we have church offering plate Coin Roll Hunters. LOL :laughing9: Man you just topped em all. Let me know what you find.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - that is bad... Most people join banks to get access to coins, you will be the first to join a church to get access to the coins... :tard:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It isn't a bad idea. I myself buy a roll of Silver Eagles at the beginning of the year and I use them for tips and offerings on special nights. My local church is aware ahead of time and I use an envelope for the tray. You would probably encounter a fair share of Kennedy halves depending on the church's demographics.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i attend a large church here. about 500+ in sunday service. i also help count the offering. been doing that for about a year. so far most of what comes in is checks. some put a credit card number on the envelope and i run it through the machine. very little change. i always check.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I wouldn't see anything wrong with doing it like this....

Offer him more money than face value for the silver coins you find. Then you help the church and yourself!!!!!!!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
what about all the salvation army collection pots you see during christmas? boy would i love to go through those. seems like i have heard stories of people puttting gold coins in some of them too.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Most offerings are either checks (Those that tithe or give larger amounts) or bills (those that throw in some money each week or on occasion.) I see very little that comes in as coin. Except during a sunday school penny drive or something like that, which churches at times DO have. then you might be abkle to get 50,000 pennies, and sometimes grandpa's old wheats and indian Heads get thrown in too, since the kids grab "All the pennies in the house they can find".

But joining a church is ALWAYS a good idea. Even if you can't get to count the offering money. :-)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some feel the Church was just a big get rich quick scam. One of the most profitable business in the world. The largest Sales Item in history the Holy Bible.... I'm not knocking God I know God is real. The question is was the Church just a front to make money off God???

Keep @ it and HH!!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old folks all the time throw anything into collection, I say why not? Assuming that you will replace what you take. :occasion18:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
instead of going after the offering or counting do what i did. what i did was made friends with the tellers in my church. there are 5 of them from 3 different cities. one has brought me silver halves before and is looking out for me.on the subject of counting i was asked to help count in our church i did not volunteer. and i don't attend church to coin roll hunt. but like most all the time any place else i am always on the look out for new contacts and i think most of the serious roll hunters are. and yes GOD is real and i am blessed

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
First we have a CRHer talking about getting silver out of the McDonalds House donation box, now we have one getting coins from a church collection plate.

And I thought I was addicted to CRHing. LOL!

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jim4silver said:
First we have a CRHer talking about getting silver out of the McDonalds House donation box, now we have one getting coins from a church collection plate.

And I thought I was addicted to CRHing. LOL!

Jim
Amen brutha! Is nothing sacred anymore? LOL!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys ever think of going through the hobo's change cup to look for silvers? ;D

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
TreasureFiend said:
You guys ever think of going through the hobo's change cup to look for silvers? ;D

LOL - Ever see the movie UHF? It's an 80-something movie with Wierd Al... Anyway a rich snooty guy hands a bum a penny. Later in the movie the bum saves the day with the cash he got from a 55 DD cent. Pretty humorous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread