anybody heard of

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say scam even though there is no link!!!! Go with your gut and knowledge!!!! you will do better than any scam info!!!!

Love goodwill and that type of stores for silver items No gold yet!!!!! just not fast enough or i dont camp in there parking lot for the opening!!! Chug!!! Or during the day when they restock with newley arrived stuff!!!!

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
they are speaking of Rendering Gold from plated jewelery and electronics. seems like it could be possible but i dont know

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert, the kit will cost you $51 and will tell you how to dissolve silver and gold off of plated items, and then melt it in a crucible. It is tedious work and you need LOTS of plated jewelry or silverware to make it worthwhile.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Thriftstore prospecting... and how valuable is the info they are selling?
Are you talking about the little book by Megan Rose?
If yes, that is the first thing I read about finding gold and silver many years ago. My copy is a little outdated right now. I know she has rewritten it a few times. It is well worth the info to someone that does not subscribe to several gold/silver chat groups. I know she has written other books on how to refine PMs. I have no desire to get into that end of the business, just too toxic for my taste. She does know what she is talking about.

I have tried the thriftstore route and those out here think they are full price retail. I once hit over 20 in one day and nothing. I am sure all the good stuff never made it to the shelves.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
That's it cyberdan Megan rose,I bought the kit,, and will look into it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
That's it cyberdan Megan rose,I bought the kit,, and will look into it.
I still refer to parts of it every now & then. Her newest book comes with a CD and looks like lots of samples of what to look for. I think I got her 2nd or 3rd edition. It only came with a small baggy of stuff.

She has written other guides as well.

Let us know what is on the CD.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
hey TC, I checked into doing that, by the time you've found enough plate to work with and the time it takes to do it, it's really not worth the time and money you have to invest. JMO

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
The CD was about the acid rendering process. I really dont see it as all that profitable. (though Im sure shes doing OK) The book seemed like the profit was in the other scrap as it was easier to gather.
Some good info on rendering it though and how to go about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread