ANYBODY NOTICING A TREND IN SILVER FINDS?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yeah I was just wondering if you all are noticing a trend with peoples finds lately. I could be imagining it but I think either more people are posting or people are actually finding a bit more in their boxes as of late. I know I have seen a bit more than average and it seems that there has been less reports of skunks lately. Could it be people are releasing their silver back into the wild? Just like the stock market some look at markets and prices and decide that they want out and turn in what they have, deciding that silver is not worth it. Others may inherit silver from a relative and look at current silver prices and decide it is not worth the trouble to try and sell it all. It may seem far fetched but it has got to be happening on some scale. Just one theory. What do you all think?

-Golden Silver

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Do any of you mark some of your dump coins?
Nail polish, red or black marker, paint stick, to see If you are getting recycled coins.
sorry....i frown upon marking coins....clad or not...your ruining someone's chance to fill that hole in a collection.....and i have found many different marked coins all mixed in the same batch....can't see how marking coins gives you any idea of how the coins are being circulated
not trying to be a smart a$$....i just don't see how anyone can possibly figure any kind of pattern that proves anything

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious if this is something that is a practice in CRH'S It just looks like some have been marked with red on the front and some times black to the back side or the rim.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
yep....each different mark is a different CRHer...there are some here who do it but i don't think they'll admit it since it is a touchy subject

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YA MISTERGEE. LEAVE THE DANG COINS ALONE!!! LOL.

-GOLDEN SILVER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions