austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously??? I used to work with an ex-LSU basketball player that thought the best idea would be to give each pro team 100 points and just play the last 2 minutes. $ 34,000? Seriously???/ We have the Spurs and I've never been. Guess it's just me...

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I wish I could do something with all my US change I have found over the years. I have 4 five gallon water bottles full of the stuff. I dig US change as much as I dig Euro in Germany. The only thing is I can not do anything with it, local banks do not take change for currency exchange.

I have no idea how much it is but I would guess enough to put a smile on my face.

I do not even check dates or anything; its like hey another pull tab.

But one day I am going to be sent back to the US for Official Agency Training again and I am going to take it all over with me and cash it out. Last time I went was back in 2006 and I did not have but about a gallon of the stuff and did not take it. Our flights are no customs flights and up to 3 tons weight limit. I have been pushing it and claiming we need a refresher in Hostage Rescue and Areal Platform Weapons Operations, it goes in most my reports. I suspect in about a year or two we will get sent there.

The best part about the US change I have is that I rarely ever find pennies. The change comes from troops mostly stationed in Germany, well the PX's in Europe do not give back pennies in change, they either round up or round down when giving back the change. Out of all those I have maybe two hand fulls of pennies.

One day I will get to cash that all in.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be like saying let's line up the runners and have them run the last two minutes of a marathon. LOL Sure there will still be a winner, but the athleticism and "build up" to the moment would all be gone, especially if there are two final contestants running toward the finish... which is what playoffs are.

The reason those last 2 minutes can be so exciting is because they're the best of the best, and they're exhausted, and they're pulling out EVERYTHING. That's what makes the miracle shots miracles.

:)

Lighten up , we were joking about it. He was also an ex-pro and a former UTSA assistant. BUT I still hate basketball. I met Shaq when he was a senior at Cole H.S. when my friend's daoghter double dated with him. Her boyfriend was on that state championship AA school team, Shaq was huge and we talked about his future. He still comes back to San Antonio to talk or visit at Cole and I sometimes run into him at LuLu's Cafe and bakery on Main Ave. He is very quiet and very shy. The "SHAQ" persona was an act... And I still dislike basketball...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, back to hockey....
Guess the party will have to wait....

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I wish I could do something with all my US change I have found over the years. I have 4 five gallon water bottles full of the stuff. I dig US change as much as I dig Euro in Germany. The only thing is I can not do anything with it, local banks do not take change for currency exchange.

I have no idea how much it is but I would guess enough to put a smile on my face.

I do not even check dates or anything; its like hey another pull tab.

But one day I am going to be sent back to the US for Official Agency Training again and I am going to take it all over with me and cash it out. Last time I went was back in 2006 and I did not have but about a gallon of the stuff and did not take it. Our flights are no customs flights and up to 3 tons weight limit. I have been pushing it and claiming we need a refresher in Hostage Rescue and Areal Platform Weapons Operations, it goes in most my reports. I suspect in about a year or two we will get sent there.

The best part about the US change I have is that I rarely ever find pennies. The change comes from troops mostly stationed in Germany, well the PX's in Europe do not give back pennies in change, they either round up or round down when giving back the change. Out of all those I have maybe two hand fulls of pennies.

One day I will get to cash that all in.

I would love to have all that change you found! I used to save all of the older coins when I was in Germany and I also searched all my' change for Errors and Varieties.

Frank

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, back to hockey....
Guess the party will have to wait....

Ouch!!! Lol. Can't wait for tomorrow night. Pens are gonna finish it this time
Around 30 people expected at my house with the projector showing the game on a 12' screen. The only outdoor big screen in Pittsburgh for tomorrow night after the huge mess made the other night in town

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread