Anyone Built a Detector? Photos?

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I was curious if anyone on here has ever built a detector and if it worked. If so please post pictures. I have always been intrigued by electronics and would like to see how other people think in regards to detectors.
I have one that my grandfather built years ago. I will try and get a photo of it on here soon. (Its in storage) It was built out of scrap wood and copper coils. It actually worked but not very sensitive.

Thanks for your time..

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i've seen some stuff online on building them but i seriously doubt anything home built will compare to most of the stuff out there. unlike audio gear in which sometimes less is better and therefore people can build amazing sounding amps, MD'ers keep getting more and more sophisticated.

i'm an electronic hobbyist also and the though has crossed my mind but it just doesnt seem like the end result will be worth it aside from the educational experience.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
You are probably right. What I thought was cool about the one my granddad built was that it was made out of stuff he had laying around the house. He worked on old tube type electronics such as tvs, radios, and could fix anything and everything. After he passed away in 1997 a local antique dealer gave it to me. It is very sentimental to me. It just makes me think of how simple life can actually be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread