battlefield

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Hello-

I love to do treasure hunter and have own metal detector for few months. My mind is bother me, I mean, my mind is thinking about going to Black Jack Battlefield near Baldwin, Kansas, which is six miles from here. A year ago, I heard that rumors said that field is not allow for metal detector. I searched on the history website and the Black Jack Battlefield website, there is no policy or rules about the metal detector. Do they make up and hate to see people use the metal detector?

I don't know if I go ahead and use the metal detector on the field, then I don't want to get trouble if the ranger or others stop by and tell me get out!

Any history battlefield can allow anyone to use the metal detector?

Thanks,
Richard

OP
OP
windrun

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Finally, I got an email from the Black Jack Battlefield trust.....they are not allow for anybody use the metal detector on the field. That is very illegal! Sorry, guys!

Richard

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
The battlefield might be off limits to detectors but do some research on the surrounding property of the battlefield. See if any of the property is privately owned and then approach the property owner to see if you can get permission to hunt it. Also, try and find any routes used to get to the battlefield and again, find out who owns this property and ask for permission.

Good luck Richard!!!

OP
OP
windrun

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Aeromike, you might be correct. That is what I am thinking about it today. I looked at oldest map and I never thought that river/creek is right in my property, but today, there is no river, just dry up with many tall trees, that way, I can see the river line, like four foot deep. I looked at the civil war book, hmm, some groups traveled from Lawrence to near Baldwin, that is where they went straight line on my property! But, I don't know if someone draw the line with arrow pass my property on the book for sure...they slept the tent overnight, then travel south and fight the war next day as five miles from here.....I can't wait to get my first metal detector and see what happen on my field.....

Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread