ANYONE COLLECT DEPRESSION GLASS CALLED JADITE?

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sara,
I would cruise the local thrift stores. I find all kinds of depression glass/pressed glass there and it's mucho cheap ;D Check out the garage sale finds under finds in local dump thrift stores. Anyway scroll to the bottom for a peak at the depression glass / jadite bowls somebody posted. You can start posting some of your cool finds too ;) Happy hunting

Acevillav 8)

OP
OP
E59

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Diggum! I read that post and liked your grill pans, I just didn't get to the bottom to see the jadite finds. You did really good, I've found a few pieces for a dime at the thrift shop I volunteer at but it takes some serious luck! If you sell that lot on ebay I think it should fetch at least 30-50 dollars for the lot, should be more if you split it up as long as there aren't chips or cracks. ;)

idothisforfun

Mar 14, 2007
Ohio
Sara,
Yes I collect it, and have a nice growing collection, I will post some pics after my move, I personally like Fire Kings Jadite Restaurant Ware, And have been lucky to find several pieces at yardsales and such, you either steal it for a dirt cheap price, or they want an arm and a leg,

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
I don't collect depression glass as a hobby...but I do like shiny stuff.. :)
got these at a yard sale..I think they are depression glass, but not really sure..anyone know?...thanks

Attachments

• dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 534
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 529
  • dp3.jpg
    dp3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 524
  • dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 503
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 510
  • dp3.jpg
    dp3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 498
OP
OP
E59

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are REALLY pretty. They look like depression glass but I've never seen any that color. My mother-in-law collects pink and my cousin collects amber. Those definitely look like theirs, just a different color. If you sell them let me know what they are and what they went for!

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I am definately no expert, but I would say those two pieces are depression glass.

The color is often refered to as topaz.

Being that they are etched patterns, they make me think of fostoria, but I am still trying to figure out who does the waffle bottoms. I see it alot.

I am at thrift stores almost daily, and I come across quite a bit of depression glass. Ofcourse most of the thrift stores around here have a general idea of what depressoin glass is, I can still usually find some awesome deals.

This is actually my first post in the T net forums, but I am going to be posting alot of my finds here!

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Could find no matches to your bowl in Warman's Depression Glass nor in Florence's glassware of the 40's, 50's, 60's. Keep looking.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
lol...I forgot about this thread....Seems like it averages about 2 replies a year... ;D

As for the glass bowl and plate...I still have them...Showed them to guy that was selling depression glass at a flea market and he said they might be Jubilee :dontknow: ....He offered me 20 dollars for both of them...Thanks for the replies anywhoo...

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yellow bowl and plate are called Patrick made by Lancaster glass co . i have a blank ( no etching) of the same set . they originally came with a glass spoon . it is considered a mayonaise set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread