Anyone doing any good on the FL beaches lately?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm leaving for Sarasota on Saturday too!!! If you see a blonde with a ponytail and detector that would be me!!! Where will you be hunting? I'll be on Anna Maria island mostly. Are you "portraitartist" on TQ?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh boy, florida..Have a great time...but ya know all of florida ( so I been told) is out of metal detectors at the shops there..so I would assume its time for the Metal detectorists line dances... sorry I just had to say that... my bad.... lmbo

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live  in  Sarasota  19  years,, I  hunt  the  beaches 4 to 5 days  a week. Somedays I do really  good  and  somedays  I  go home  with  just  a sunburn  and  a  sore  back. It's beautiful here and  beaches are  outstanding. If your  coming here to get rich  treasure hunting , its  not  gonna  happen . But  if  your  coming down  to  enjoy  the  sunshine and  relax and  a have fun metal  detecting  ,Its a  Home run and your gonna  love it ..Hope  to  see ya, and  make sure  to say howdy  if  you see me . I  hunt  with  a  sov  GT and  a  sandshark.. enjoy your  vacation,  Guzz1

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been finding all that much, but the bikinis are nice 8)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Hey Guzz;
I've hunted there enough to know i"m not finding much in the dry sand. I;ll enjoy the sun and dolphins and hope for some clad and some exercise. Hope to see you there.
Debby

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I"ll look for ya Debbie.. Guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
The eye candy is definitely on for sure Willie . My finds have been really Bad to to say the least ,No tickets . Nothing but can slaw and crapola ,,,,,Guzz1.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guzz1 said:
The eye candy is definitely on for sure Willie . My finds have been really Bad to to say the least ,No tickets . Nothing but can slaw and crapola ,,,,,Guzz1.
It'll get better, or I'll start leaving the detector at home and start bringing the binoculars :icon_jokercolor:

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Debby.....

cntrydncr1 said:
Hey Guzz;
I've hunted there enough to know i"m not finding much in the dry sand. I;ll enjoy the sun and dolphins and hope for some clad and some exercise. Hope to see you there.
Debby
If you will be hunting the dry sand there......try hunting some of the more off beat spots....the most crowded parts of the beaches are literally pounded.....with all of the activity year round there the beach entrances are a great place to hunt as are higher areas up at the base of dunes. You would be amazed how many overlooked spots are there give them a try....last May I was hunting at Bradenton Beach while I was in the water digging next to nothing.....another guy was working the entrances to the beach on the sandy beach side and the bases of the dunes....he was digging his share of coins....not a bonanza but more then the blanket line was producing....he finally dug a beautiful 14k chain with a 14k medallion in a spot where very few people sit......he took a chance and it paid off.....the pic that I took of him with the chain is below....so give it a shot.....sometimes those offbeat spots will pay off in the dry sand....of course I always prefer water hunting in the gulf myself, but you never know....good luck to you....I'll be there in May for 2 weeks....I can't wait !!....HH....Brian

Attachments

• 02-28-07-pics.jpg
    02-28-07-pics.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 304

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Hey  hang ,, Negative  on the  excal,, Unless I could  get  a deal on  one,  I prefer a PI  for  the  water anyway .The  Sandshark is  a  winner  me for at  half  the  cost  , And  the  sov  GT  for  the  wet sand is a killer detector,,, I have a great combination right now ,,, If I was to spend  that  kind of $$$$ again for a MD It  would be  the  Infinium  for  the  water ,beside  for  what I finding these days  a 1200$$$$ md seems a  bit  foolish for me at this time . Maybe this summer I'll feel different . Guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
When you all come down for vacation watch out for flying rays and shuffle your feet while entering the water . ,, That Poor Gal from Michigan that Lost her life yesterday going for a boat ride just breaks my heart when I think about it . Just kinda beware of your surroundings when your in the water here and use common sense. The marine life here can be deadly ..I been living here in Sarasota a long time without an incident. Acidents are rare but do happen. Be careful and have great time . HH Guzz1

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Come on Guzz!, We both know you can get a better deal than that. Let's face it the Excal is damn near bullet proof. I guess I'm just a little partial to the Excal :thumbsup:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
You must really love that MD :icon_king: :icon_king: There are Great detectors .. I'll own one again someday. I heard of a guy got so mad one day mding he took his excal and slung that sucker out into the gulf and a boaters anchor hook into it day or so later , the boater must of new the owner of the excal and returned to him ,,,ain't that a B&^%^. kind of a cool excal story :icon_king: :icon_king: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GUZZ1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
surfdigger;
Thanks for reminding me of this...I think I will try to concentrate on the less pounded areas. I'm off today! HH everyone!
Debby

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Guzz!
I think the reason I love this machine is because I had so many crappy low dollar ones before. Plus I bet I had dug a ton of iron in the past. I'd bet I'd bve just as happy with some others, but you know how it is.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
if you stay with the top name brand MDS your gonna be just find it all comes down to personal preference.. gUzz

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
So far for March, The wife and I have only found 3 rings ( 1silver 2 steel) and a watch (still ticking). The largest traffic we're seening is kids and young adults on the beaches, and they dont carry much. :icon_scratch:
We are finding a good amount of coins though. As the season change, the older, tan-wanters come out and those seem to pay off better. Another month or so and we will all be cleaning up. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions