Does the Minelab pick up hot rocks with 10" coil?? Please share knowledge

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Does the Minelab pick up hot rocks with 10" coil?? Please share knowledge

Hi everyone I wanted to ask everyone that owns a Minelab Excalibur if their machines ever pick up hot rocks?? Just wondering because getting really close to getting another detector and dealer in Hawaii saying it is the best on the market. He does really well in Hawaii with his machine I assume and he said if there is any detector to take anywhere in the world it would be a Minelab Excalibur. So does this machine pick up those nasty buggers (hot rocks) or do they null them out?? Thanks for the kind advice. Aloha

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Does the Minelab pick up hot rocks with 10" coil?? Please share knowledge

The Excal nulls out most hot rocks, depending on the amount of minerals in them. This saves a lot of time digging stupid stones. You have to watch as sometimes you see the hot rock in your scoop and think that was what was making the noise when there is a real target that might still be in the scoop or down the hole yet.

This is what makes the Excal shine over all other water detectors in that it nulls over most iron. Other detectors you cancel out the iron with disc. and it still sounds off on the hot rocks. The hunters turn up the disc. more to cancel the hot rocks and then miss the gold jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread