Anyone else using the Seadoo Seascooters for doing a swim beach?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my Seadoo out snorkeling today and thought you guys might not have any experience with they're use. They are good for not only pulling you along so you don't have to kick, but you can travel faster and farther. Plus I angle mine down to blow away the derbies and find many chains that detectors miss.

WARNING, by smiling under water in your mask when you see a babe in a thong will cause the mask to flood. You need to know how to clear the mask underwater. Don't get caught cruising to close to the fat guys in the Speedos either......... ;D

An you guys thought I only used a metal detector.........

Attachments

• seascooter-cat.jpg
    seascooter-cat.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

ctweber98

Greenie
Jul 21, 2006
Sandman,

I have used these while scuba diving in Mexico to explore the reefs but from your post it sounds like you use this not only for fun but also to treausure hunt. Can you ellaborate a little more on how you use this to make finds, other than just eyeballing dollar bills and such while cruising around?

Chris

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sea doo's are kids toys,they dont last long,they leak,cant go deeper then 15 feet,the motor is a cheepo cordless drill like motor,batteries dont last long.

heres a pic of my 2 adult toys.130 ft depth,runs for 4 hours.

Attachments

• teknatwins.jpg
    teknatwins.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 362
  • teknatwins.jpg
    teknatwins.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 342
S

Sea hunter 2

What a lovely pair!!!, I have also been looking for a similar device (DPV) diving propelled vehicle, as a diver this would give me 50% more time underwater, i have been toying with the idea of attaching my coil to one, which could produce some interesting results!

Have a look on ebay there is a German company selling them i think there called fits up, the cheaps one are great to start of with if you dont have a lot of cash left, but obviously if your really serious and maybe a diver as well then something like a torpedo is the one to have, watch this space i will be getting one for the underwater work we are doing!! So watch this space

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could build your own DPV for less then $150.i built 12 of the scubatow models useing 2 30lb thrust trolling motors an built 6 of the scubatow torpedo models useing 40lb thrust trolling motors.the torpedo model will cost you around $200to make,less if you can find the tube cheaper.i built mine back in 1973.with todays new trolling motors with 80lb thrust,you could go alot faster.i still have both model plans.well worth the money to buy them.

link to plans:

http://www.scubatow.com/ScubaTow.php

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course there are more powerful scooters, but they also weigh more, cost more. I've used these bigger ones before too when diving. Then you can argue about speed where it pulls your mask off or on using it to blow down, you can't hold it on the bottom. It's just another tool and tools come in different sizes.

I don't use it all the time, but what I do is just cruise where the swimmers frolic, not out deeper than the 15 foot as was stated. There are other tools to use for that. On using it to blow derbies, a lot depends on the amount you want to move. Gold chains don't sink far and mostly are just covered with algae to block their view. The gold chains that you'd find this way is more as a part of the whole hobby of treasure hunting. Chains that are missed by detectors don't have much weight and are usually broken. Some nice earring studs are also spotted this way. If you are using a boat as a base, you can bring extra batteries and other gear to extend your time playing.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
each of my DPV's has 2 12 volt 40 amp hour bats in them,gell cells out of alarm systems.no acid to spill when you go upside down.but i still have the h2 eater packs in them just in case of a spark.H2 and spark = explosion.with the prop set at 1/4 pitch they will run for 4 hours,longer then your air will last.i tested them in a pool with a mask an snorkle.4 hours is a really long time to be towed around.at full pitch they last an hour.but at that speed it will rip your mask off if you turn your head to the side.plus without a tether the DPV will get away from you.at the speed of the prop if you happen to get your fingers in there trying to regain control,the blades will take them off.

S

Sea hunter 2

Fisheye i have had a look and cant pay by card or send a uk cheque, canu help me geta set of these plans please, or some kinda instructions how to make one of these

Cheers guys

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sea hunter,

you can pay with paypal,click on the cardvlogo on the scubatow page.the plans are 2'x 3'too big to copy.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
you could build your own DPV for less then $150.i built 12 of the scubatow models useing 2 30lb thrust trolling motors an built 6 of the scubatow torpedo models useing 40lb thrust trolling motors.the torpedo model will cost you around $200to make,less if you can find the tube cheaper.i built mine back in 1973.with todays new trolling motors with 80lb thrust,you could go alot faster.i still have both model plans.well worth the money to buy them.

link to plans:

http://www.scubatow.com/ScubaTow.php

Fisheye, a couple of years back you were working on a DPV called the Hydro Scooter. How did that project work out for ya? I would love to see an update on that one.

Tom

Sorry, It's the Hydrospeeder

Attachments

• dpv5.jpg
    dpv5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 335

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread