Anyone ever detected burned forests of nor cal?

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the fires were a tragedy and some say they were a conspiracy and done on purpose to systematically ruin california, but now is left barren land for miles in the gold counties i saw in pics... seems now all you can do there is wander and detect anywhere in those spots, there are no more bushes and thorns in the way and big nuggets could be accessed easier that was so hard to search for before in the past... if i personally struck it rich big time detecting these burned areas i would invest back into those communities, create new manufacturing jobs for people there so people don't need to leave their broken down counties and move into cities where they're constantly bombarded by the stesses of fast paced city living and dangerously high emi radiations from wi-fi and all other types from all directions(but yes i would also pocket dough for myself and buy that hot rod that i've always wanted):laughing7:

lumusislight

Greenie
Aug 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the fires were a tragedy and some say they were a conspiracy and done on purpose to systematically ruin california, but now is left barren land for miles in the gold counties i saw in pics... seems now all you can do there is wander and detect anywhere in those spots, there are no more bushes and thorns in the way and big nuggets could be accessed easier that was so hard to search for before in the past... if i personally struck it rich big time detecting these burned areas i would invest back into those communities, create new manufacturing and the essay service freelance jobs for people there so people don't need to leave their broken down counties and move into cities where they're constantly bombarded by the stesses of fast paced city living and dangerously high emi radiations from wi-fi and all other types from all directions(but yes i would also pocket dough for myself and buy that hot rod that i've always wanted)

Hi there,

I guess these areas may be someday considered "historically sensitive" (like Indian Burial Grounds or Archaeology Area). But who knows. In most cases though, the metal detecting regulations (in CA as well) are neglected (I know that cause my friends break the law too).

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the fires were a tragedy and some say...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider also posting this on: Forum: California for more exposure...

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless if the fires were naturally occurring or a "conspiracy," California doesn’t need outside help with its ruination!:headbang::tongue3::laughing7: (That was a joke!)

I guess my concern on treasure hunting the burnt forests boils down to if it’s lawful to detect on the property you’re searching. In Ohio we’re not permitted to dig on state lands, only on beaches. We can look for treasure on the surface, but not below. Is the properly you want to detect the burnt residence of someone who owns the property? Do you have their permission to be there at all!

I'm 68 years of age, and don’t really want to find the motherload at this point and help humanity and my local community. It’s too much like work, and I’m retired from that nonsense. Besides...someone always wants to take away/steal what you have if they think you have too much if it. I just want to detect and find enough each day for my Senior Coffee at McDonalds!:hello2:

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted Silverado, Modjeska, Black Star canyons after the fires years back. A few hints. Wait till after the rains. The ash gets in everything clothes the truck the house the washer. I say this to preserve household harmony.

No matter how tempting, stay away from standing buildings people freak thinking you'll find their ??? before they do. If you're hit up to search for someones lost ???? do it! word will get out & you'll be offered more places to search than you can handle. Good boots = +++ heavy leather gloves are a must. Make sure your tetanus shot is up to date. Print out some slips with your info or get some cheap business cards. You'll get leads / permissions even a year later. Also, the Sheriffs seem to be a little more friendly when you put your info in their hand.

Those three tine weed rakes work good. Oh, if you hate nails & wire you'll hate it. Don't expect to find tons of pristine goodies. Save all the blobs!!!! They're usually not trash!!!!! BTW - wifey won't appreciate you sitting in front of the TV with a bucket of blobs, test kit etc. watching the A Team. Some of the funnest searching ever! If you don't mind looking like a coal miner.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread