Anyone ever do a "self diagnosis"?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
i want to comment on the orginal point of this thread. Each person MUST make his own decision. Someone back a couple pages recommended no one self-diagnose. That is his decision, but not mine. I worked for 31 years as a senior diagnostician, though they don't use those words in electronics. The concepts of diagnostics is exactly the same in all careers. In my entire lifetime, which is now 79 years, half the time I went to a doctor, it was a waste of time and money. About 40 years ago, I tired of that nonsense and started buying medical books. Every time anyone went to the doctor, I asked what he said, and read up on it. Over that 40 years I have learned a lot, but only about my own body and illnesses. I do not often diagnose for others. One of those times I taught a doctor with more than 30 years experience how to cure a problem he thought was going to kill him. If I ever make a mistake and kill myself, well, that is life, I guess.

Most of you do not have over 30 years experience in diagnostics, thus I would tend to agree it might be a bad idea. Make up your own mind. that is always the right thing to do.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
DOH ! thats all i can say......................................... time for a doughnut. i'll feel better for 5 minutes anyway

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions