Anyone ever Dredge a Corner like This (For those who responded "LOOK" New Pic)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Anyone ever Dredge a Corner like This (For those who responded "LOOK" New Pic)

Jog, here is some info to keep in mind. An old timer from california told me about streams that have a sharp 90 degree turn or sharper can deposit the gold right up against the bank of the first turn (outside part of turn). I told him about a stream I was working and he brought this up. I went back to this spot and he was right. Gold was pushed right up against the bank. In heavy floods it can do exactly that. If you don't have luck with the straight channel that is high and dry, try the spot I just mentioned. Gold likes a straight path or a path of little resistance.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anyone ever Dredge a Corner like This (For those who responded "LOOK" New Pic)

pvillehunter said:
soooo on the bottom of the last pic.. is that old stream bed isolated by the road crossing it now?

That would be a bridge.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldseeker4000 said:
Jog, here is some info to keep in mind. An old timer from california told me about streams that have a sharp 90 degree turn or sharper can deposit the gold right up against the bank of the first turn (outside part of turn). I told him about a stream I was working and he brought this up. I went back to this spot and he was right. Gold was pushed right up against the bank. In heavy floods it can do exactly that. If you don't have luck with the straight channel that is high and dry, try the spot I just mentioned. Gold likes a straight path or a path of little resistance.

goldseeker4000
I believe your right and few others have said the same. I have watched a lot of rivers at flood stage and they will definitely take the path of least resistance, and if there is resistance they usually will find a way around or through.

jeff08xx

Apr 23, 2011
Dallas TX, Philippines, Fairbanks Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Whites 2-box deep cache
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better get the gold out fast before the prices drop. Do you need an extra hand...cuz I have two. I can show you where its at if its there. Seriously. Have you found anything beyond the fines?

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've got it covered, Thanks for the offer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread